Looking at buying a TYM t454

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I have been looking a replacing my current jd 3320 open station with a larger tractor with a cab

I was looking at the TYM t454 with hydro does anyone have any experience with them or any ideal of a good price.

John Deere wants big money for the same size tractor with a cab.

I like my john deere and I don't know much about TYM

I had a farmall 45 before my JD the only thing I did not like about it was how loud the hydro was.

Or any other ideals for a good cab tractor for the money

Thanks

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #2  
I have been looking a replacing my current jd 3320 open station with a larger tractor with a cab

I was looking at the TYM t454 with hydro does anyone have any experience with them or any ideal of a good price.

John Deere wants big money for the same size tractor with a cab.

I like my john deere and I don't know much about TYM

I had a farmall 45 before my JD the only thing I did not like about it was how loud the hydro was.

Or any other ideals for a good cab tractor for the money

Thanks

Any Ls dealers around you? Right now probably the best bang for your $$$$ers. Also look at Kioti. I personally like all the Korean tractors, they give you a lot of machine for your money. They all have positive and negative things about them, but these three manufacturers are where I would start if I was looking today.

Good luck. ;)

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #3  
I have been looking a replacing my current jd 3320 open station with a larger tractor with a cab I was looking at the TYM t454 with hydro does anyone have any experience with them or any ideal of a good price. John Deere wants big money for the same size tractor with a cab. I like my john deere and I don't know much about TYM I had a farmall 45 before my JD the only thing I did not like about it was how loud the hydro was. Or any other ideals for a good cab tractor for the money Thanks
It's a nice tractor with a Yanmar engine. Yanmar builds a really nice engine. Cabela's Is also selling this tractor painted green with a Woods loader. Mahindra also sells this tractor (2500 series) with their mCRD engine and their loader. Prices vary a lot depending on location in the country and how you pay. Cash always gets the best price. They seem to be well built. People don't seem to have many problems with them. The loaders are strong and a rear ballast is needed to keep the rear down with heavy loads in the bucket.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #4  
My Mahindra eMax is built by TYM with a Daedong engine. Has been rock solid to date. As was said before, you can't go too far wrong on value with a Korean built tractor.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #5  
Sparker133,

If you are considering TYM then I'd cetainly check out the Cabelas Land Management product line. Quite a number of the Cabela's locations now sell a customized version of the TYM product line. They also do the complete service activities and warranty needs for thrir equipment.

I mention this because Cabelas did the same thing with boats and outboor motors years ago and are very successful at it. And because they have the "heart" of a retailer . . they do promotions on their tractor products too . . pricing and implements wise. And service/repair/warranty is their method.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #6  
I have the little brother a TYM 353HST and have been very happy with it. It mostly does snow clearing and wood cutting/hauling, over 150 hours on it and no problems. I did have to replace a burned out tail light and had to replace the lens as it melted the socket and it was all one piece. Parts and filters are available at my dealer but filters are cheaper at Napa. Check out the TYM forum here and get more input.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #7  
Many Mahindras are built by TYM and they have a bigger service/sales presence than TYM. Service is a big consideration with any tractor brand.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454
Found out today that the 454 does not come in a hydro trans. I would have to go to a with the t554 to get the hydro.

One dealer got back to me his price was $35,465 w/tax

I also looked at the mahindra 3540. The loader has a little more power and it is not as tall as the tym and a little wider.

only one dearer has given me a price of 41,641 w/tax. With two rear remotes and a 3rd function for the loader

I have looked a LS tractors a little I notice the loader does not lift as high as the TYM and Mahindra.

Going to go to cabelas this weekend to look at their tractors, there is one just down the road.

I was looking at a Kioti NX4510 HST but have not gotten a price yet.

The one big thing for me is it has to fit through a 8 foot high garage door.

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #9  
I have only been to Cabelas once so I might have missed it but I didn't see a shop to get warranty work done

/ Looking at buying a TYM t454 #10  
I have only been to Cabelas once so I might have missed it but I didn't see a shop to get warranty work done

The shops for marine and tractor are always located away from the retailing building. The retail and warehousing sutuations do not lend themselves to the noises and space requirements of srrvice activities. However any of the Cabelas LAND MANEMENT locations have a complete service system in the same community as the store is.

So . . if you see tractors at the store it means that is a fully authorized LAND MANAGEMENT operation of Cabelas.

My understanding is Cabelas has a higher standard (established by Cabelas) . . than is required of normal TYM dealers. And the pricing is Cabelas determination.

TYM builds them to Cabelas specifications. I understand they may have some unique added features and/or options.

P.S. Every cabelas is not a Land Management location as of yet . . but many are.