Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #91  
I meant hook a brush hog to that tracked trailer groomer. Meant as a joke Arly, I bet that thing would mow the grass.

Last edited:
   / Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #92  
Its been sold so no worries....
Even though you didn't buy this time, going through this decision making process has caused you to think through the pros/cons/costs/benefits. You are better prepared to make an informed buying decision next time.

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #93  
The only practical three point mower for this baby sized 2025r sized tractor is a 4ft one which was why I asked owners here about them. And I did get GREAT responses to that qestion. Nonetheless, this machine is to big for mowing our yard. Still love to have it for mowing trails and doing work on them in general, plus it fits with a mower perfectly well on our current trailer. What should I tell dearest the reasons we should get it?? :unsure:
I realize the tractor you were considering was sold, but when the next one comes up for sale, tell dearest the tractor can clear a tree off a trail in about 20 seconds and you can leave the chain saw at home. (bring it with you just in case)

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r
This tractor would not be used to get dead-fall off of trail but mow the ones that are wide enough. Possibly work with water drainage problems and other jobs. Here is a thread I started about doing trail maintenance. With accessories I'm sure we'd find many more jobs for it. 😁 We can't find volunteers to help, so more machines it is.

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #95  
If I was using a tractor for your trails I would certainly use it for deadfall’s. Smaller stuff you can just shove off to the side. Bigger stuff just cut once and shove each half off to the side.

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #96  
Is there any grant funding for trails in your community that you could apply for to help with the purchase of equipment? For example, the nat gas and the electric co-op here each give out community grant funds to a variety of causes. If the trails are used for horseback riding, some local horse association might kick in some funding to keep the trails open.

Is there any grant funding for trails in your community that you could apply for to help with the purchase of equipment? For example, the nat gas and the electric co-op here each give out community grant funds to a variety of causes. If the trails are used for horseback riding, some local horse association might kick in some funding to keep the trails open.
The spousal unit is writing for a grant this very weekend but its for general operating expenditures, not a tractor. We have personally covered nearly all expenses up to this point so we hope to get something...... :unsure: Ski trails are very, very expensive to keep groomed.

/ Looking at a 2018 John Deere 2025r #98  
When you say "groom trails", do note some people really do groom trails. Here is a pic of me doing that.

Maybe I could have chosen different wording.... I never think of snow as we don't get any to speak of here. Grooming, where I'm from, is maintaining - not snow specific. I even groom my beard :). I was trying to give insight to your questions, as I use mine the same way as what I felt was your intended use.

We're going to keep our eyes open for a 2025r or a 30 series which is still light enough for our trailer. A 3038 would probably fit our needs better. Can I dream? o_O