Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #21  
Tractor is not at the dealer I purchased from. Out of warranty so took it to the closest dealer for the work. To their credit they did loan me a used tractor without me even asking for a week to get my road in shape during the thaw. They would prob let me borrow again but don't feel it's right to ask considering I purchased from another dealer. This tractor has had nothing but problems since new. I was origionally going to trade it last fall for a bigger tractor and ended up buying a trackloader instead. Probably going to talk to the dealer next week about a trade price to get into a kubota as they sell both. This is probably my breaking point on this one. Case has had posession of it longer than me.

Yep trade it in jk96 !!!

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues
Yep trade it in jk96 !!!

That's were I'm at right now. Just stinks because I only owe about $2,000 on this one. Waiting to see how bad the trade is going to hurt but with all the problems I'm fed up. Last year I mowed my mile drive most of the year with my exmark because the tractor was broke down twice. I think I got a Monday tractor. My prior tractor was a 2008 Case farmall 45 with hydro. It was bullet proof. Never a single issue. It had about 3,500 hours on it when I traded it in for my current 2015 Case 55C. It was purchased in November of 2016. Only 350 hours on this one because of all the issues. Besides the driveshaft here's what I've dealt with since purchase.

1. radiator leaks around hose fittings right after purchase. fixed myself
2. Front end has gone out and needed rebuilt. First trip to dealer.
3. Instrument cluster dead. Had to replace the entire cluster with a new one. Back to dealer.
4. Loader tilt leaked really bad. You could pick up a pallet with the forks and watch it drop. Took two different trips to the dealer to finally fix.
5. Replaced the rocker switch for the 4 wheel drive. dealer mailed switch
6. Tractor with CVT trans should hold on a slope when in gear. On occasion mine would let loose and freewheel. Another trip to dealer to adjust idle and CVT settings.
7. Seat safety switch went out. Tractor dead in the water. Called dealer and it is designed so that it cannot be bypassed. Dealer sent a mobile repair to fix onsite.
8. Tractor switching to neutral while driving and throwing error codes. Have to completely shut down and restart to get it back into drive. Back to dealer.
9. Drivers side rear hub leaking. Back to dealer.
10. Speed range selector switch quit working. Cannot switch speed range. Back to dealer.
11. Front end went out a second time. Gears need rebuilt again. Only backing up with a bucket of gravel the second time on flat land. Rear tires filled and grader blade on the back of the tractor. I think the front end on this model is weak.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #23  
Good grief!

If that tractor was mine, I would find it a new home.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #24  
That's were I'm at right now. Just stinks because I only owe about $2,000 on this one. Waiting to see how bad the trade is going to hurt but with all the problems I'm fed up. Last year I mowed my mile drive most of the year with my exmark because the tractor was broke down twice. I think I got a Monday tractor. My prior tractor was a 2008 Case farmall 45 with hydro. It was bullet proof. Never a single issue. It had about 3,500 hours on it when I traded it in for my current 2015 Case 55C. It was purchased in November of 2016. Only 350 hours on this one because of all the issues. Besides the driveshaft here's what I've dealt with since purchase.

1. radiator leaks around hose fittings right after purchase. fixed myself
2. Front end has gone out and needed rebuilt. First trip to dealer.
3. Instrument cluster dead. Had to replace the entire cluster with a new one. Back to dealer.
4. Loader tilt leaked really bad. You could pick up a pallet with the forks and watch it drop. Took two different trips to the dealer to finally fix.
5. Replaced the rocker switch for the 4 wheel drive. dealer mailed switch
6. Tractor with CVT trans should hold on a slope when in gear. On occasion mine would let loose and freewheel. Another trip to dealer to adjust idle and CVT settings.
7. Seat safety switch went out. Tractor dead in the water. Called dealer and it is designed so that it cannot be bypassed. Dealer sent a mobile repair to fix onsite.
8. Tractor switching to neutral while driving and throwing error codes. Have to completely shut down and restart to get it back into drive. Back to dealer.
9. Drivers side rear hub leaking. Back to dealer.
10. Speed range selector switch quit working. Cannot switch speed range. Back to dealer.
11. Front end went out a second time. Gears need rebuilt again. Only backing up with a bucket of gravel the second time on flat land. Rear tires filled and grader blade on the back of the tractor. I think the front end on this model is weak.

D@mn . . . sure your burning daylight with this one, darn the luck . . . :thumbsdown:

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #25  
i had that with a deere i bought used - 2210, not near the caliber tractor of yours but near the same in its share of broken items and gremlins it seemed/down time. I had it 4 yrs and put 400 hours on it, from 500 to 900 and it wore me slick. I gave up and now have a 2038R that i am not liking due to the sheer size/weight and the wet spring we are having but my neighbors all are hating their zero turns and tearing up their yards and getting stuck. I just have to wait longer to mow and do it strategically. Gave up on getting my garden in, its a mess here. I see you are in missouri JK so hopefully your dealer takes good care of you. I would definitely be leasing/renting/borrowing buying a used something else to get my by until i figured out what to do with the 55C. I know for me I had to finally wash my hands of the 2210, I couldn't rely on it and it was giving me anxiety wondering the next time i got on it how long before it would break. I think my wife got tire of hearing me complain about it and she and my daughter couldnt use it anymore and were just as frustrated with it as me. Again, these are not near as big of a tractor as you have but being w/out the tool you need for the job at hand can be overwhelming.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #26  
I can promise you that this type of situation is only going to become more common place. It took me twenty something weeks to get a hydraulic cartridge from Hydraforce, which apparently had customers like Deere and Cat waiting just like little old me. My main mower was down, pretty much the whole cutting season!

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues
I can promise you that this type of situation is only going to become more common place. It took me twenty something weeks to get a hydraulic cartridge from Hydraforce, which apparently had customers like Deere and Cat waiting just like little old me. My main mower was down, pretty much the whole cutting season!

I could have delt with the wait if this was the first or second repair. This is a tractor I use daily between work and home and have only managed to put 350 hours on it in 2.5 years due to all of the breakdowns and weeks or months of waiting each time. Glad I've got my trackloader.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #28  
I work on lawnmowers for a living, and it is not unusual for backordered parts to take 6-12 weeks for delivery. Imagine a customers under warranty mower is down for that period in the middle of the mowing season.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #29  
Sadly, Case has a bit of a history of not supporting their products very well. I think they are the best looking tractors. I love their shade of red better then any other brand out there, but after owning a Case bulldozer, and dealing with their lack of support, I'll never buy Case again. Super disappointing to read of all the problems you have had with your tractor, but I do appreciate the reminder about their lack of customer support.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #30  
The issues are frustrating for sure. Parts difficult to get and then typically very expensive to boot.

With your history on this one, I think trading it is a good option.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

John Deere 7445 Cotton Stripper (A33041)
John Deere 7445...
1966 Plymouth Satellite Convertable (A33544)
1966 Plymouth...
Cincinnati Bickford Radial Arm Drill & Turn Table (A33349)
Cincinnati...
Tires (A33041)
Tires (A33041)
2019 Chevrolet Express (A33526)
2019 Chevrolet...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...