Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #11  
Hate hearing this. I have a older Case dozer and Case doesn't keep parts for it anymore. I've had to resort to looking at salvage yards for stuff when the dealer says no. I've wondered why they have so many Mahindra tractors on their lot, it would appear that they don't even like their own brand.

Have you tried New Holland for your parts? I thought that they where the same as Case, but just painted a different color.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues
Hate hearing this. I have a older Case dozer and Case doesn't keep parts for it anymore. I've had to resort to looking at salvage yards for stuff when the dealer says no. I've wondered why they have so many Mahindra tractors on their lot, it would appear that they don't even like their own brand.

Have you tried New Holland for your parts? I thought that they where the same as Case, but just painted a different color.

I have and no luck. The New Holland 54D is the sister tractor to my Case 55C. Getting to the point with spring here that I'm going to have to make some decisions. Maybe buy an older used tractor and resale when I get mine back. With the amount of property I have to maintain and a mile of gravel driveway things are quickly getting out of hand without the tractor around.

New estimated ship date for parts is July 25th. Looks like mid August at the earliest now to get my tractor back. Now its time to start looking for another tractor that I can purchase and resale later.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #14  
Just wondering, is that lack of parts supply common for most parts on all Case tractors or just the compact versions?

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #15  
Around here Sunbelt rents stuff like JD 3320 & Herc Kubota L3301. Not cheap, but a week here & there might be less aggravation than buying & reselling one?

Dealer fixing it no help in a loaner/low cost rental?

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #16  
You need a tractor. I'd write to the company headquarters with my beef. I'd call the local TV station and show what I can't get done for paid work (if it is so) and then I'd file a claim in small claims court against the manufacturer and dealer for something. (breach of general mercantile or something) If no one responds then I'd buy a new tractor and park this one till the parts come in. Fix it and sell it off. Gone for good would be better than this.

Steve

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #17  
All I can say, is it' why I like to have back-ups and somewhat redundant resources at my disposal. In this day and age, if you put yourself at the mercy of outside forces, you will be annoyed at best and in trouble at worst.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #18  
Does the dealer have a tractor they’d let you demo? Maybe you could convince them you want to trade yours in on a new one, maybe a bigger model, but need to demo it first to see how it ha does around your property.

Tractor is not at the dealer I purchased from. Out of warranty so took it to the closest dealer for the work. To their credit they did loan me a used tractor without me even asking for a week to get my road in shape during the thaw. They would prob let me borrow again but don't feel it's right to ask considering I purchased from another dealer. This tractor has had nothing but problems since new. I was origionally going to trade it last fall for a bigger tractor and ended up buying a trackloader instead. Probably going to talk to the dealer next week about a trade price to get into a kubota as they sell both. This is probably my breaking point on this one. Case has had posession of it longer than me.

/ Long wait time for new(ish) tractor parts - the frustration continues #20  
That speaks very well of the dealer. Apologies are worthless!

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...
Case SC Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Case SC Salvage...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Hooten 8RWMF Mineral Feeder (A33041)
Hooten 8RWMF...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...