Long 350 Fixer Upper Questions

/ Long 350 Fixer Upper Questions #1  

leadfarmer

Tractor
Kubota L3400-MT, CAT 85J 955L, 44A D6B, 1937 R5 Gas Dozer
A friend of mine bought a farm and it came with a Long 350 made by UTB. The tractor is functional but appears to of been neglected for some time. I offered to fix up the tractor in exchange for some other items so here I go!

1. First is filters and fluids. Not much to figure out there, except where is the hydraulic filter located? Is it a screen or replaceable cartridge?

2. The fuel shut off valve, below the left side of the dash, has the handle broken off so they use a pair of pliers to turn the fuel on and off (which is done regularly due to a leak I need to trace down). Any thoughts on where I can get the pieces for this shut off valve to restore the handle? Worst case, I can leave this valve open and add a shut off valve somewhere else in the fuel line to the lift pump.

3. The hydraulic steering pulls to the left constantly, nothing that can't be managed but it's annoying. I'm guessing that is internal leakage in the steering cylinder? Or is that an issue with the valve that diverts the flow? Any tips for rebuilding whichever is the culprit? I've worked on cylinders and such before, so no issue there, I just want to make sure I go after the right component and use the right parts.

4. One of the front bearing hub caps is missing. It has a nice duct tape job keeping in the grease. Open to suggestions on sourcing a replacement.

Other items like exhaust repair and cleaning up some cut off wiring won't be much trouble. Those items above are where I'm looking for info before I dig in.

/ Long 350 Fixer Upper Questions #2  
A friend of mine bought a farm and it came with a Long 350 made by UTB. The tractor is functional but appears to of been neglected for some time. I offered to fix up the tractor in exchange for some other items so here I go!

1. First is filters and fluids. Not much to figure out there, except where is the hydraulic filter located? Is it a screen or replaceable cartridge?

2. The fuel shut off valve, below the left side of the dash, has the handle broken off so they use a pair of pliers to turn the fuel on and off (which is done regularly due to a leak I need to trace down). Any thoughts on where I can get the pieces for this shut off valve to restore the handle? Worst case, I can leave this valve open and add a shut off valve somewhere else in the fuel line to the lift pump.

3. The hydraulic steering pulls to the left constantly, nothing that can't be managed but it's annoying. I'm guessing that is internal leakage in the steering cylinder? Or is that an issue with the valve that diverts the flow? Any tips for rebuilding whichever is the culprit? I've worked on cylinders and such before, so no issue there, I just want to make sure I go after the right component and use the right parts.

4. One of the front bearing hub caps is missing. It has a nice duct tape job keeping in the grease. Open to suggestions on sourcing a replacement.

Other items like exhaust repair and cleaning up some cut off wiring won't be much trouble. Those items above are where I'm looking for info before I dig in.

On their site you will be able find a service manual for download (free). Additionally they carry parts for Long; I have used them for FarmTrac parts and they were helpful.

/ Long 350 Fixer Upper Questions
I appreciate the link above but it appears the manual is $75. Ouch.

I figured some things out and will share what I learned to maybe help others.

Oil filter is wix 51452.

Primary and secondary fuel filters are wix 33166.

The hydraulic filter is a cleanable stainless screen located in the tube shaped vessel on the lower right middle of the machine.

I found a new fuel shut off valve TX10425 and a new hub cap TX10867 on ebay.

The hydraulic steering when pulling to one side or the other seems to be easily fixed based on some instructions I got from another forum. There is an adjustment on the steering cylinder. Unbolt the lock, rotate to the side to stop the stop that is needed, and tighten the lock back up. I hope it's as easy as it sounds when I go to do it.

Some genius removed the hand brake assembly. I have no idea why. I hope they broke the lever and just tossed it. So now the hunt is on to find a replacement hand brake lever. Both pedal brakes work great.