Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #51  
My finished cost will be approx $1300. I probably could have shaved off $100-$200 with lesser quality products, but I wanted something that would last and have value. I originally got quotes to have it it built and those came in at $2200 to $2300 and used only untreated 2x4 for everything except the corner posts and no wainscott.

I will post a complete material list with costs this weekend.

That is a darn good price for a very useful shed. :thumbsup:

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two
That is a darn good price for a very useful shed.
I thought the same. When I first costed it out and then compared it to the quotes I had gotten, I thought maybe I had made a mistake. Double checked my numbers and quickly decided I would build it myself. A better quality shed for roughly 60% of the cost to have someone else build it. Besides, it's been a fun project and I have learned a lot about building this type of structure.

Picked up the trim yesterday, but will have to wait till next weekend to finish....had some minor freezing rain during the night and expect more rain today. However, I was able to finish the material/cost list so I thought I would get this posted. I also broke the costs down into the basic components (roof, siding, frame, wainscotting, misc). This might help identify where costs could be reduced. For example...2x6s for rafters instead of 2x8s might be an option. Another example...plain corrugated panels instead of painted premium siding panels for the siding and roof might be an option.

Will post pictures when the trim is finished next weekend along with some better pictures of the interior and ridge beam/front post setup.

20190210_073549.jpeg

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #54  
Newbie here to the forum. I have been reading a bunch of threads on building sheds and trying to soak in all the info. I have a question and hope someone can help me out to better understand some of the lingo. Several times I have come across the acronym "&amp" used when discussing framing and lumber lengths.Since this is the most current thread I can find, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what that stands for? Thanks

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #55  
Newbie here to the forum. I have been reading a bunch of threads on building sheds and trying to soak in all the info. I have a question and hope someone can help me out to better understand some of the lingo. Several times I have come across the acronym "&" used when discussing framing and lumber lengths.Since this is the most current thread I can find, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what that stands for? Thanks

Pretty sure is a formatting tag for HTML, can happen in a copy / paste

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #56  
Several times I have come across the acronym "&amp" used when discussing framing and lumber lengths.

Ignore it. This is a result of copying something and then posting it. Somehow it's added when this happens. It has no meaning.

Pretty sure is a formatting tag for HTML, can happen in a copy / paste
I agree. Some things do not copy/paste very well..."&" for example.

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #58  
thank you. I was going crazy trying to figure it out.

/ Loafing Shed Build: Day One and Two #59  
Newbie here to the forum. I have been reading a bunch of threads on building sheds and trying to soak in all the info. I have a question and hope someone can help me out to better understand some of the lingo. Several times I have come across the acronym "&" used when discussing framing and lumber lengths.Since this is the most current thread I can find, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what that stands for? Thanks
There is a angled double quotation mark (like " but angled) and a angled single quotation mark (like ' but angled) and neither work on this forum. Some devices will automatically replace straight ones with matching angled ones when you type them in and that causes the gobbledygook that you see.

Aaron Z

The weather here has been awful...freezing rain, snow, single digit temps, etc... Hoping to get back to work on the locking shed this weekend. All that is left is the trim and the interior side boards. Will probably add some high shelves, solar powered lighting, and a 14' gate.