Loader squeaking during curl

/ Loader squeaking during curl #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
The last few hours of operation I hear a squeak when I curl the loader. Not during dump just curl. Greasing the pivots (as I do every 5-10 hours) didn't help. I got deep into a couple of the grease threads here and started thinking that maybe the stuff I've been using is not up to the task. Yesterday I got some moly grease thinking that might help. This morning I tried greasing it again to use up my regular grease (Lucas red), making sure that grease was coming out the far side of the pin. Still squeaked. But while playing with it I looked at the bucket indicator rod and how it passes through a metal guide on the loader.... hmm, could that be it? A quick dab of grease quieted it right up. At least I'm not going to be running out of grease any time soon.

/ Loader squeaking during curl #2  
Good job tracking it down. Squeaks and noises don't just appear for no reason. The real skill comes to tracking it down and isolating it to the responsible component. It's really fun on high speed packaging machines like cartoners and such!

/ Loader squeaking during curl #4  
Ha - good job. Squeaks can drive you crazy. So five years ago the bucket came off - on went the grapple. I hadn't used the grapple for an hour and the load level indicator rod fell out of its little metal guide and became a pretzel. Not to worry about a squeak there. I straighten it out - it now hangs on a nail in the work shed.

/ Loader squeaking during curl #5  
Good Job!! It is good to stay on top of those things. If I get a little lazy and end up with 3 of 4 little noises it is even harder to deal with!

/ Loader squeaking during curl #6  
Always good to listen to your tractor. It will try and tell you when something is wrong.

/ Loader squeaking during curl #7  
i've had good luck de-squeaking things - including that bucket level indicator - with good ole WD40. I buy the gallon cans and use a spray bottle. Pretty much everything that moves is fair game to me. It also works great for cleaning your hands after a greasing session, even easier than using waterless hand cleaner.

/ Loader squeaking during curl #8  
The last few hours of operation I hear a squeak when I curl the loader. Not during dump just curl. Greasing the pivots (as I do every 5-10 hours) didn't help. I got deep into a couple of the grease threads here and started thinking that maybe the stuff I've been using is not up to the task. Yesterday I got some moly grease thinking that might help. This morning I tried greasing it again to use up my regular grease (Lucas red), making sure that grease was coming out the far side of the pin. Still squeaked. But while playing with it I looked at the bucket indicator rod and how it passes through a metal guide on the loader.... hmm, could that be it? A quick dab of grease quieted it right up. At least I'm not going to be running out of grease any time soon.

WOW! I have that squeak! It has been driving me nuts trying to find it. Thanks.

/ Loader squeaking during curl #9  
Ha! It's nice when the fixes for things are that simple, Grease On!

/ Loader squeaking during curl #10  
Been tracking down a curl squeak myself. Found the lower legs were packed with very old mud (new to me tractor) and both zerks were missing. Cleaned out, re-installed zerks and greased well. Still squeaked! Will lube the level indicator next use!