Limited choices

/ Limited choices #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
So, this is a bit of a thought experiment, but relevant to newbies like me. I know my home boss will never agree to all of the toys I would buy. This is why we actually have money. Lol.

So, assume A generic person in the South (meaning no snow to speak of) just got A generic midrange compact tractor with a regular duty FEL.

What 4 attachments would be most useful and why? Assume mixed used on 10-20 acres. I know, a lot of variables. What I am looking for, I guess, is the multitask ers.

/ Limited choices #3  
The use cases need to be defined with more detail. Likely you'll get a wide range of responses.

Something to mow with as a minimum...

That could be a rotary mower (brush hog) to clean up scrub or keep weeds knocked down, or a finish mower if you're looking for smooth.

/ Limited choices #4  
SSQA Pallet forks
Box Blade
Disc Harrow
Framed/Lift Chain Harrow
Bucket Spade
----------------------------------
Ratchet Rake
Rotary Cutter
Utility Vehicle, dumping trailer, Stihl MS261 chainsaw

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 520
  • fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 432
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 259

I still find it amazing that one can order 1,000 pound implements on a credit card via the internet and have them show up five or six days later in my driveway.

Last edited:
   / Limited choices #5  
Looking for multi-task implements too. The only option I have found (for light duty, not serious farming) is getting a tool bar. With this, you could have several different types of attachments. I have inherited a 2" diamond (solid bar) one with a single plow. I have not bought the clamps that would permit mounting other implements yet, but still researching. Otherwise, as far as I know, you'd have to buy separate implements.
For me :
1.) box blade, can do some ripping up / leveling.
2.) 3-point sprayer
3.) Could name many I would "like" to have, but other than my hay spear... dont really "need" anything else.

/ Limited choices #7  
I agree with previous poster as to more detail on the land and jobs you hope to perform. Being in heavily wooded acres or scrub open land makes a big difference. Do you plan on much gardening?...tree removal?...lawn vs field mowing etc ? I'd skip the ballast box, in any case, on open spaces.....any 3 pt implement can serve that purpose

I'd go with 1. some kinda of mower 2. Pallet forks with QA 3. Box Blade (biggest one) 4. Landscape rake

Cheers,
Mike

/ Limited choices #8  
Agree with above, I'm in southern hurricane country on a bit over 6 acres.

Pallet Forks
Box Blade
Grapple

Stump Grinder, depending on how wooded/overgrown your lot is and if you experience a lot of storm tree damage
Landscape rake if not a lot of tree debris

Beyond those 4 recommendations, additionally I have a pine straw rake, rotary cutter and an IBC tote used as a person lift with the pallet forks.

/ Limited choices #9  
So, assume A generic person in the South (meaning no snow to speak of) just got A generic midrange compact tractor with a regular duty FEL.

What 4 attachments would be most useful and why? Assume mixed used on 10-20 acres. I know, a lot of variables. What I am looking for, I guess, is the multitask ers.
1. Something to mow with, type depending on your situation.
2. If you have a gravel driveway to maintain, a rear blade.

Nothing else unless you have a specific need.

Pallet forks and grapples have their fans, but are of little use to most people.

/ Limited choices #10  
Pallet forks and a box blade are going to be the norm on what ever size and type of property you have with 1ac+. The rest is to property dependent to say.

Some may say a landscape rake but I have gone many many months with out useing mine. Never use the balist box any more and the carry all isnt as usefull as I thought.

The box blade prety much stays on one tractor at all times and the pallet forks havent left one loader in about 4yrs.