Lime box drop spreader

/ Lime box drop spreader #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
Going to an auction to look at a lime box drop spreader. Have only seen pictures, but it doesn't look too bad. Surface rust, but no rust holes. One wheel doesn't turn, may be a bearing. Any idea what something like this may go for. Are we looking at $100 or $700? I know, I know auction can at times go crazy, but I'm just looking for a safe area price zone. Any takers? Thanks.

/ Lime box drop spreader #2  
What brand, length, capacity? Too many unknown factors to set any kind of price.

/ Lime box drop spreader
Gunny, don't know the make, but it looks like a ten footer. All I have to go on before I show at the auction are a couple of pictures. I was hoping you fellows were going to say,,, they go for a hundred bucks all day long. LOL. See ya, RRM

/ Lime box drop spreader #4  
Doubt that it'll go that cheap. I paid about 200 for a four footer to use in my garden, though it was in excellent shape. If it's operable now, with the exception of the wheel issue, I'd probably go up to 250, maybe 300, since you may wind up having to find and buy some parts. Great spreaders though, I never did like the 3 point PTO spreaders, a drop does a much better job of even distribution.