Lifting truss with FEL

/ Lifting truss with FEL #11  
I borrowed one of the smaller duct jacks from work when I built the shed for the L4240. The peak is probably 13 or 14 feet. The picture was taken during a test run for concept - just wanted to verify the jack was tall enough before starting the lifts.

Attachments

• IMG_6138A.JPG
    IMG_6138A.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 97
   / Lifting truss with FEL #12  
Silly question, but where i live, when they deliver trusses they set them on top of the structure with the same crane they unload the trusses with. No charge over delivery charge. Then we walk the trusses into place.
I've never heard of this. Trusses are unloaded here by rolling them off a truss trailer onto the ground. I'm guessing your trusses are very, very expensive if the builder of them is required to set them on your structure?

/ Lifting truss with FEL #14  
I'm building a small shelter for my RV. The scissor trusses weigh about 50lbs. I need to to lift them 17' at the top of the truss or 14' at the underside center.
My plan:
Use 3 14' 2x4 screwed together (poll) and ubolted to 1 pallet fork with a hook on the 14' end.
I use the front end loader with the pallet forks to lift into place.
Weight of the trusses and "Pole" is about 92lbs.

Can a tractor/front end loader that can lift 1000 with the forks on have the ability to lift the 50lb truss at the end of a 14' pole?

I have other ways to do this, but this sounded fun and a challenge.
I wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot, I believe it will work, we set much heavier trusses down here with a 10' joint of 2" galvanized pipe slid onto a bale spear.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #15  
I've never heard of this. Trusses are unloaded here by rolling them off a truss trailer onto the ground. I'm guessing your trusses are very, very expensive if the builder of them is required to set them on your structure?
Common practice in the Pacific Northwest. I've also seen it on some track home builds in Arizona and California.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #16  

I’ve never seen it done that way either. I’m not sure how you would go about setting a whole bundle of trusses on the roof either. Dumping the trusses on the ground by a roller trailer and then setting them on the building usually with a telhandler or crane is the only way I’ve seen it done.

/ Lifting truss with FEL #18  
These were 4-12 32' span, lifted onto 14' sidewalls. Unsure of the weight, didn't care. Top of boom was over 21' in air as I lifted it clear of side walls as I drove it in.

Just a piece of pipe on end of a manure tine. Chains running rack to bucket back in a "V" to carry the tension load. 8500lb tractor, level ground, zero issues lifting or driving while in air, I did have to carry them a distance low to the ground to get between where rolldeck slid the trusses off and where the building was.
IMG_2022.JPG

/ Lifting truss with FEL #19  
I may have missed it, but you didn’t include the distance that the forks are above the ground when in high position . So the 14’ might need to be only 10’ or less which makes the lift easier on the fel. I think it will work. The back up plan is a pulley on the end of your boom and you winch up once you’re in vertical position.