Leveling Attachment

/ Leveling Attachment #1  

PearlWhiteGT

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T1510
What attachment would you guys recommend for leveling and maintaining sandy soil and dirt? This is out at our little ranch property in South Texas. Had some dozer work done a few weeks back. Would some sort of a drag work best or a metal rake, box blade, grader blade, land plane, etc. I only have a small compact tractor which is a New Holland T1510 to use. Here are some pics of what I'm working on and will be maintaining.

coua3PH.jpg

PDIIIqy.jpg

9zAfGFl.jpg

2bB2g8l.jpg

iVBxqKH.jpg

/ Leveling Attachment #2  

New Holland T1510​

New Holland T1510 tractor photo
2008 - 2013
T1500 Series
Compact Utility tractor
Dimensions
Wheelbase63 inches
160 cm
Weight2,385 lbs
1081 kg
Mechanical
Drive4x2 2WD
4x4 MFWD 4WD (optional)

Last edited:
   / Leveling Attachment #3  
What attachment would you guys recommend for leveling and maintaining sandy soil and dirt? This is out at our little ranch property in South Texas. Had some dozer work done a few weeks back. Would some sort of a drag work best or a metal rake, box blade, grader blade, land plane, etc. I only have a small compact tractor which is a New Holland T1510 to use.

Is your tractor 2-WD or 4-WD? Is your tractor equipped with a Front End Loader?

"It's 2-WD and no front loader."

How many acres do you wish to smooth?

If you only have one to two acres to smooth, I suggest a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment.

For more than two acres I recommend a low-traction-requirement Land Plane with scarifiers.

A Box Blade would also be good, but a Box Blade has a fairly long learning curve. A Box Blade is a more versatile implement than a Landscape Rake.

l doubt any kind of drag will move enough dirt to satisfy you. Removing debris from a drag gets old really fast.

Last edited:
   / Leveling Attachment #4  
i would suggest a landscape rake, don't get a cheap one.

/ Leveling Attachment #5  
First step would be trailer and a bunch of guys to pick up all the stumps and debris. Nothing you can pull with you tractor is going to work well until the dirt is clean. After stumps are up, a land plane or box blade will level it nicely.

/ Leveling Attachment
It's 2-WD and no front loader. Total acreage is around 20 but only the senderos and camp site area will be worked. Have two senderos about 100 - 125 yards long each. Then all around the camp site area.

We already started removing stumps and cleaning up debri. I used a piece of chainlink fence with weight added to pull around with my little 3 wheeler just to help a little. Now I would like to use the tractor for a better job.

Here are a few pics of after cleaning some and dragging.

3qzm6lY.jpg

M6ObVvX.jpg

NOCBNtZ.jpg

fSS6ARx.jpg

9Nzeolf.jpg

zxf9JM7.jpg

/ Leveling Attachment #7  
I use a home grown harrow consisting of a 12 foot section of chain link fence material folded over on itself with a bar across the fold to give lateral support with some rocks captured in the folded area for weight... And other option I have is a 6 ft piece of rr track I can drag.... It all depends on what the final "smooth" you are looking for... Anything you can drar will probably work....

About same concept as this (PearlWhiteGT Image) ....

3qzm6lY.jpg

/ Leveling Attachment #8  
It's 2-WD and no front loader. Total acreage is around 20 but only the senderos and camp site area will be worked. Have two senderos about 100 - 125 yards long each. Then all around the camp site area.

We already started removing stumps and cleaning up debris. I used a piece of chainlink fence with weight added to pull around with my little 3 wheeler just to help a little. Now I would like to use the tractor for a better job.

T-B-N ARCHIVE: CHAIN HARROW FOR SMALL TRACTOR SITE:TRACTORBYNET.COM site:www.tractorbynet.com

The more weight a Chain Harrow has per square foot of area, the more effective it will be.

Last edited:
   / Leveling Attachment #9  
i would suggest a landscape rake, don't get a cheap one.

I agree with the landscape rake. Get one with gauge wheels as that will help you level. The rake will help with gathering up the debris as well.

/ Leveling Attachment
Thanks fellas for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for a good used landscape rake in my local area.