LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #31  
Now THAT is cool...and only $27?
Looks like it measures distance, not angle but that would be fine. If you know your tilt cylinder has a 4" stroke and you've set it to be level (centered) at 2", this DRO would give you a real reference as to where you are relative to min/max of the cylinder.
Definitely gonna try it.
I looked at that. Curious o see how you will mount it.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #32  
I originally through about it for Bucket Level Indicator for FEL.... But $2 worth of steel from scrap pile won out over DRO...

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #33  
I thought scrap pile steel was free - You must have gotten it out of the neighbors pile. :p I have used mechanical indicators all my life. My eyes are failing with age. It would be nice to have a red yellow green light indicatior.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #34  
My Sons both have CUT Kubotas with no level indicator beyond the flat steel welded to the top of the bucket. One has conquered that system and does fine. The other isn't even close. I have a rod indicator on my Kubota and on my old Ford TLB.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #35  
I thought scrap pile steel was free - You must have gotten it out of the neighbors pile. :p I have used mechanical indicators all my life. My eyes are failing with age. It would be nice to have a red yellow green light indicatior.
Get christmas tree light string.....

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT
This is my work in progress… there’s two inclinometers, one on the tractor where the light is mounted and one on the quick attach. It’s hardwired between the two and has a power saver feature. I can select the base reference of either the tractor body or relative to gravity. In both modes, I can tare it to zero out (which is useful for different implements). There’s 5 light positions. Green indicates -3° to 3° reference while amber (between 3° and 5°) & red (more that 5°) flanks both side to denote how much positive or negative tilt.

Also added is the 3 level dimmer selection. All from one momentary button to select level mode, brightness, tare, and power on/off.

Pics shows mock-up testing of LEDs. It’s now hardwired into place and am doing trials.

View attachment 773388

View attachment 773389

View attachment 773390

View attachment 773391

View attachment 773394
What is the Byte Tyte to the left of the steering wheel? Very interesting setup on the leveling system!

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT
Digital readout on top link cylinder.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #38  
What is the Byte Tyte to the left of the steering wheel? Very interesting setup on the leveling system!

Thanks, I’ve got to make a clean video of it in operation. The Byte Tyte is an aluminum chainsaw scabbard. Insert and a few turns of the handle grips it solidly. Comes in different lengths.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #39  
Very cleaver problem solutions. Amazing design and fabrication skills.

Did lots of grading with a 1958 Ford 850. Operator sight lines to implement good. From the seat could adjust the 3pt tilt gearbox. Could even adjust the top link when stopped from the tractor seat sometimes. Getting off/on tractor to adjust top link was easy. Now decades later with newer tractors design and older body not so easy. So I appreciate the value of giving easy control back to the operator. A little adjustment makes a big difference.

Monitoring drift from topNtilt while mowing another advantage of your gauge.

Good work.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #40  
I bought an inexpensive remote tilt reader. The unit is for table saws etc. Under $25. The sensor and the readout connect with a usb cable. The sensor is magnetic and the readout has an rechargeable battery pack. Should be fun to play with... Although I'm an old school operator new tech intrigues me
level indicator.JPG