Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
An older accident, but the lessons learned can still be applied. I know that my machine had a non-functional lap bar switch when I got it. The prior owner would set the parking break when he got out, but the arm and bucket functions were still live. Very dangerous because if the arms were raised and the controls were bumped to the down or float position the operator could be crushed. The switch was $15 and took 20 minutes to replace. Priceless in my mind.

Farmer Crushed With Skid Steer Loader

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #2  
There is a good reason all this safety gear is on the machines. Things as simple as setting the parking break can safe you and/or the machine from serious damage.

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #3  
brake.

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident
Auto-correct doesn't have intelligence

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #6  
enema.jpg

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #7  
An older accident, but the lessons learned can still be applied. I know that my machine had a non-functional lap bar switch when I got it. The prior owner would set the parking break when he got out, but the arm and bucket functions were still live. Very dangerous because if the arms were raised and the controls were bumped to the down or float position the operator could be crushed. The switch was $15 and took 20 minutes to replace. Priceless in my mind.

Farmer Crushed With Skid Steer Loader

A good reminder. Thanks for posting.

TBS

/ Lessons to learn from a skidsteer accident #8  
Pay attention or pay the price!