3-Point Hitch leaking down

/ leaking down
What places of business would you try locally? There is no Yanmar Dealer in Tyler Texas. Only Kabota and John Deere Dealers. I don't think they would be of much help. Speedy2

/ leaking down #22  
What places of business would you try locally? There is no Yanmar Dealer in Tyler Texas. Only Kabota and John Deere Dealers. I don't think they would be of much help. Speedy2

If you have a parts manual, the seal sizes are listed (at least they are in mine). Once you know the size, you can go to a hydraulic shop, or JD or Kubota and order a specific size.

/ leaking down #23  
Like some one said, Aaron from Hoye tractor mentioned that if the shaft is worn its done, so unless there is trash stuck somewhere or its a bad packing or oring at the bottom you cant fix it without a new one.

You always can order from Hoye, or figure the same JD and then get the parts from JD. Some of the Jds in the 80s and 90 are yanmars painted green. They are built in japan at the yanmar facility.

/ leaking down
Yes, I have the parts manual but it is all in Japanese and has nothing but numbers, no identifying description of the parts whatever. Had I seen the manual before buying it I would not even considered it. Was way over priced. If you have to size of the o rings I need would you list them and if they are metric or not? Thanks very much! Speedy2

/ leaking down #25  
there should be some numbers like P-11 in the name column of the seal (it will be larger than a P-11, on my 1602 it is a P-55)
a hydraulic shop should be able to find you one if you bring them the old one as well

/ leaking down #27  
Yes, I have the parts manual but it is all in Japanese and has nothing but numbers, no identifying description of the parts whatever. Had I seen the manual before buying it I would not even considered it. Was way over priced. If you have to size of the o rings I need would you list them and if they are metric or not? Thanks very much! Speedy2

If your just talking about the valve take the think off and take the parts like said to a Hydraulic store or hose store, they can match up the packing as wll as the orings.

Ypur gonna have to take it off regardless anyway may as well do it now. I ordered from hoye so i have not removed mine as all you do is click parts from the parts diagram (some have sizes) and put them in your cart. Considering the price of gas these days this may be a better option than running over town hoping you found the right store the first time! Like i said shipping is $15 minimum, but in my case if i even have a store in town thats open when i can get there it will cost me at least $6ish dollars and an hour to go and return. I usually opt to ship and buy off the Net for this reason.

/ leaking down #28  
winston1 said:

I used this exact kit for my tractor. The only o ring I had to order was the one which surrounds the piston. Mine went from not lifting at all to picking up the front end of the tractor. It doesn't even leak down an inch a day even with a box blade on it.

O rings are dirt cheap. Just tear it down a little and replace every o ring you come across. Grand total will likely be the cost of the variety pack.