3-Point Hitch leaking down

/ leaking down #1  

speedy2

Tractor
yanmar ym1500
I have a ym1500 and the 3 ph leaks down , I closed the 3ph lock valve and it holds. So what needs to be done to stop the leak down when the lock valve is opened in useing the mower?

/ leaking down #2  
Interesting! When the 3 point on my 2002d drops just a little the lift some way senses it and picks it back up. How far down will it go down? Regardless, sounds like your control valve is the culprit. There is packing and an o-ring or two you could try replacing. You can click on the attached drawing and reference price and availability. Wouldn't cost much to try. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=YM15003PTVALVE

/ leaking down #3  
Since it holds up while its closed...
The problem lies in the piston seals in the hydraulics.

Hoye tractor parts sells what you need, and its a cheap fix, just lots of labor.

Just did my FX335 2 months ago.:D

/ leaking down #4  
Interesting! When the 3 point on my 2002d drops just a little the lift some way senses it and picks it back up. How far down will it go down? Regardless, sounds like your control valve is the culprit. There is packing and an o-ring or two you could try replacing. You can click on the attached drawing and reference price and availability. Wouldn't cost much to try. Yanmar Tractor Parts: 3_POINT_CONTROL

mine drops with the stop valve closed or not but it does not raise itself again, only the pump and hydraulics start screeching :confused: until i lower the lever.

/ leaking down #5  
mine drops with the stop valve closed or not but it does not raise itself again, only the pump and hydraulics start screeching :confused: until i lower the lever.

Does yours start screeching when the stop valve is open? If it is leaking down when the stop valve is closed it would have to be your lift piston seals. 19, 20, 26. Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC_LIFT

/ leaking down #6  
Since it holds up while its closed...
The problem lies in the piston seals in the hydraulics.

Hoye tractor parts sells what you need, and its a cheap fix, just lots of labor.

Just did my FX335 2 months ago.:D

Imthinking this is reversed? Right? The lock out valve eliminates the valve right so if it stays up with it scred closed i thought the O-ring on the hydro was ok? Mine leaks down if i cut the tractor off and leave the under seal valve open but will stop with that valve closed. I thought my 3 pt valve was bad, is it my O-ring in the piston?

/ leaking down #7  
If you close the valve and the 3 point leaks down, its the hyd piston rings.

Hoye tractor sells the parts... they are a cheap fix, but it requires one to roll up their sleeves :D

/ leaking down #8  
If you close the valve and the 3 point leaks down, its the hyd piston rings.

Hoye tractor sells the parts... they are a cheap fix, but it requires one to roll up their sleeves :D

Taken directly from Hoye's website. HERE Yanmar Tractor Parts, Sales, Service, and Delivery.

"Three Point Won't Stay Up- Leaks Down.
Lift the three point all the way up and close the lock valve (usually located between your knees lust under the seat- see fig A). Shut off the tractor. If the three point still seeps down then you probably have a bad lift piston oring because, by closing the lock out valve, you have eliminated the valve & everything else in the system. If the three point stays up then you likely have a problem with the three point control valve."

And i swear this is exactly what i have reat in my IT service manual for the YM 240? Not postive but pretty sure. This is the way i understand it as well and what others have said in the past.

What your saying contradicts what Hoye has posted and what i thought? Are you sure your not getting it backwards? I just want to make sure cause i have a proble leaking down only if i cut tractor off and leave implement up (leaks faster than the specs allow in the maual), but if i close the seat valve it stops it or makes it so slow you wont notice it in a few hours i think.

/ leaking down #9  
Taken directly from Hoye's website. HERE Yanmar Tractor Parts, Sales, Service, and Delivery.

"Three Point Won't Stay Up- Leaks Down.
Lift the three point all the way up and close the lock valve (usually located between your knees lust under the seat- see fig A). Shut off the tractor. If the three point still seeps down then you probably have a bad lift piston oring because, by closing the lock out valve, you have eliminated the valve & everything else in the system. If the three point stays up then you likely have a problem with the three point control valve."

And i swear this is exactly what i have reat in my IT service manual for the YM 240? Not postive but pretty sure. This is the way i understand it as well and what others have said in the past.

What your saying contradicts what Hoye has posted and what i thought? Are you sure your not getting it backwards? I just want to make sure cause i have a proble leaking down only if i cut tractor off and leave implement up (leaks faster than the specs allow in the maual), but if i close the seat valve it stops it or makes it so slow you wont notice it in a few hours i think.

Clem .... I AGREE with Hoyes statements.

We are both saying the same thing.:D
There is no contradiction at all.

/ leaking down #10  
Clem .... I AGREE with Hoyes statements.

We are both saying the same thing.:D
There is no contradiction at all.

OK right i reread a previous statement of yours and See that is what you said. :confused2:

But his seems to stay with valve closed so that means there is a problem in his 3pt valve under the seat. Either a cut O-ring or trash stuck in there or just bypassing somewhere.