Leaf filter guards

/ Leaf filter guards #31  
garry1p - you could be right. However - if I paid $3500 and got a non-functioning system. Somebody is going to make it right by me. And - "you can take that to the bank".

/ Leaf filter guards
I had them. Bought from Leaf Filter. Absolute garbage. They plug off with pollen and become useless.

$3500 wasted. And they did not honor the “warranty”.
Yeah, I forgot about the pollen, that's another thing you have to add to the gutter clogging list. I was wondering how that will affect how well they will do. Thanks

/ Leaf filter guards #33  
Yeah, I forgot about the pollen, that's another thing you have to add to the gutter clogging list. I was wondering how that will affect how well they will do. Thanks
This is like snow removal. What works for one area is stupid in another.

People dealing with leaves, have a different situation than those dealing with pine needles.

After pissing away over $3500, I hired a local guy who cleans my gutters for $200. Lots of folks looking for a bit of a side hustle job. If I had put $3500 into an index fund I would have averaged over $250/year.

I can go about two years between cleanings. Easy math.

/ Leaf filter guards #34  
I never even thought about the pine pollen. In the late spring the air turns completely limey-green with the stuff. I manage to keep from tracking it into the house and inside the pickup. Otherwise - EVERYTHING gets completely covered. My beautiful Taco Wagon turns a poop brown. That's when the blue shows thru and mixes with the pine pollen color. Then - like everything else, as more comes down - it's a limey-green Taco Wagon.

/ Leaf filter guards #35  
I never even thought about the pine pollen. In the late spring the air turns completely limey-green with the stuff. I manage to keep from tracking it into the house and inside the pickup. Otherwise - EVERYTHING gets completely covered. My beautiful Taco Wagon turns a poop brown. That's when the blue shows thru and mixes with the pine pollen color. Then - like everything else, as more comes down - it's a limey-green Taco Wagon.
My gutter guards were nearly completely blocked off by pollen after three years

/ Leaf filter guards #36  
I made the comment "If you have to ask the price you can't afford them" because they quoted $7000 to install the gutters and leaf guard screens over the gutters for an 1100 sq ft house..

I paid them $3000 to remove the old gutters and install 6" Leaf Guard Gutters I would not pay $4000 for the screen filters.

I told them to go pound sand and ordered screen filters from another company and paid someone $20 an hour to install cost me $560 for the screens installed.

The quoted price of $7000 for the gutters and screens was ridiculous for an 1100sq ft house.

I am satisfied with the 6" gutters but unhappy about the quoted price for screens to cover the gutters.

Last edited:
   / Leaf filter guards #37  
The "leaf guard" folks are really putting on the push. In the last ten days - two offers of free inspection/price quote in the mail. Several web sites offering the same deal.

I wonder if the feedback is hurting sales.

/ Leaf filter guards #38  
I just went to a local home show and there were more booths selling gutter screens than any other product. Must be lucrative. Big thing now is very fine ss screen molded in to a plastic frame with ridges to control the water flow before it soaks thru the screen.

8 years ago my screens were $4/foot, installed. Basic perforated aluminum. Leaves pile up in the inside corner valleys and then water overflows.