Leaf filter guards

/ Leaf filter guards #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
Anybody had them put on their gutters and do they really work. I've been trying to get an idea what it would cost to have them installed but it seems like no one will give you a basic idea of the cost involved. I've filled in a few online estimate forms that say free estimates, just fill in a few details and we will send your free estimate. They say, we will never call you but 5 minutes later you start getting call after call trying to sell something. It's bad enough trying to get them off the phone when they call but if you let them come out to give you an estimate you can hardly get them out of the yard with a check involved. All I really want is a general Idea of what they cost installed on an average sized home just to see if I could even afford them.

Has anyone had them installed and if so what did they cost?

/ Leaf filter guards #2  
That dude looks like Eddie Munster and zero personality, even less acting ability. That alone knocks me out but I've heard those things are really expensive and I just can't see why that would be.

/ Leaf filter guards #3  
Anybody had them put on their gutters and do they really work. I've been trying to get an idea what it would cost to have them installed but it seems like no one will give you a basic idea of the cost involved. I've filled in a few online estimate forms that say free estimates, just fill in a few details and we will send your free estimate. They say, we will never call you but 5 minutes later you start getting call after call trying to sell something. It's bad enough trying to get them off the phone when they call but if you let them come out to give you an estimate you can hardly get them out of the yard with a check involved. All I really want is a general Idea of what they cost installed on an average sized home just to see if I could even afford them.

We had them then removed them. Stuff loads up beneath them that you can't get to.

/ Leaf filter guards
We had them then removed them. Stuff loads up beneath them that you can't get to.
That's the problem I have. I went to Lowes and bought some for the front of the house and they didn't do all that well either. leaves and pine needles pile up on top of them and eventually water just runs over the top and off the front of the gutter which kind of defeats the purpose of a gutter. I don't mind cleaning my gutters once or twice a year on the front of my house, single story, but on the backside it's two story and a beech to get to.

/ Leaf filter guards
That dude looks like Eddie Munster and zero personality, even less acting ability. That alone knocks me out but I've heard those things are really expensive and I just can't see why that would be.
What dude??

/ Leaf filter guards #7  
Got mine at Menards in 8 foot lengths and put them in myself. Think I paid about 3 bucks per 8 foot length and easy to install too. I think the 'gutter guar installers are nothing but a rip off.

/ Leaf filter guards #8  
We had all gutters on our home replaced by LeafFilter 2 years ago. Cost was several thousand dollars but they function properly except for Pine needles which do not blow away. If you have Pine needles you will have to remove them yourself.

/ Leaf filter guards
Got mine at Menards in 8 foot lengths and put them in myself. Think I paid about 3 bucks per 8 foot length and easy to install too. I think the 'gutter guar installers are nothing but a rip off.
Yeah the one's I got at Lowes were in 5' lengths. They look good and were pretty easy to install but they don't seem to work for me. Maybe it's the pine needles. I hate to cut those big pine trees in the front of the house because they were here before I built the house but that may be my only option.

/ Leaf filter guards #10  
Yeah the one's I got at Lowes were in 5' lengths. They look good and were pretty easy to install but they don't seem to work for me. Maybe it's the pine needles. I hate to cut those big pine trees in the front of the house because they were here before I built the house but that may be my only option.
A good hurricane will handle them for you. They always fall on your house.