Lawn mowers and projectiles

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I’ve mentioned in the past how I don’t like seeing people blowing grass out into the road. Last Thursday PM I was on my way home in my company truck and noticed a guy out on his JD lawn tractor doing his lawn. About that time I heard something hit my fender and almost stopped but assumed it was road debris kicked up by the car in front of me. It wasn’t until this AM that I noticed a ding in my fender.... E5455E84-53D6-45EA-8B08-CDA865045FDE.jpeg
It’s not too bad in the overall scheme of things but if a pedestrian or cyclist had been going by it could have been a different story. He was a good 25 yards away from the road and no doubt doesnt have a clue that h even kicked the rock up.
For that matter, who would expect it?

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #2  
Wife lost the windshield in her brand new car from a mower on the side of the road. Car was a week old.

Thankfully insurance sent someone out to her work to replace it.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #3  
You have to watch for bungies, tiedowns, rocks, parts, trash, bottles, cans, wood, etc that the roadies leave behind.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles
Wife lost the windshield in her brand new car from a mower on the side of the road. Car was a week old.

Thankfully insurance sent someone out to her work to replace it.
Your insurance or the mower’s?
This guy was well away from the road and a good distance from his driveway, so I never would have expected anything to be there either. It must have been pretty heavy to go that far, and still take the paint down to bare metal.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #6  
Last year guy blew layer of grass clipping on corner road,later that night motorcycle round corner lost traction...never found out settle for motorcycle rider was.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #7  
Your insurance or the mower’s?
This guy was well away from the road and a good distance from his driveway, so I never would have expected anything to be there either. It must have been pretty heavy to go that far, and still take the paint down to bare metal.
Ended up on our insurance. We have glass coverage with no deductible. So insurance will contract with a local service. They went to my wife's work and installed it in the parking lot. All she had to do was go outside and give them her keys.

Started as a peck in the glass, and then ran after a few days.

We didn't even try to get the homeowner to cover it. Old guy, looked to be retired on a fixed income, and the place looked like it was falling down around his ears.

If it's any consolidation, my old service truck had a crease in the hood from where a stray bullet grazed it. We were out working in the yard at the shop. Heard gun shots and the zings from the bullets going through the parking lot.

There was a run down trailer park on the other side of the field behind the shop. Gun shots came from there.

We called it a day at that point and went inside. Next day I was washing the truck and found the crease in the hood.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #8  
Last year guy blew layer of grass clipping on corner road,later that night motorcycle round corner lost traction...never found out settle for motorcycle rider was.
I used to walk our street with my blower after I mowed the street side of the ditches.

Old man at the beginning of the street used to blow and leave the grass clipping out into the road and just leave them. Figured that our other neighbor who rode a motorcycle was cussing him every time he did it.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #9  
I think Kentucky made it illegal to blow grass onto the roadway.
Even the highway dept follows the right of way mowing crews, with a blower mounted to the pickup to clear the roads now.

/ Lawn mowers and projectiles #10  
This happened to the wife and grand daughter while she was just driving down the street.
Yes, it is a prop rod.
Lawn company paid for the repair.

Attachments

• IMAG0835.jpg
    IMAG0835.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123