latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #121  
Most vehicles with that function have a button to turn off the start/stop function.
This is the one feature on my new Jeep that I absolutely hate. It's especially stupid on a manual transmission vehicle. You can use a programmer like a Tazer that will remember that you turned it off and keep that setting the next time you start the car. The problem is that you need to leave the programer plugged in all the time which bypasses the security gateway module and can cause warranty issues if you leave it there while visiting the dealership.

The simpler solution is to disconnect a wire under the hood. You have to live with a yellow light on the dash but don't have to hit the idiot button on the dash every time you start the car.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #122  
I see they just recalled the Bronco Sport

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
In looking at the specs. for the B Sport, I noticed that all the engines have "auto start/stop" technology. Is that where the engine stops every time you stop and then re-starts when you step on the gas?

I've never driven a vehicle that has that, but seems like it would drive me crazy, especially if I had a big load running on the engine like A/C on a hot day. Would be concerned about longevity of the starter.

Maybe they've got all that worked out so it's seamless and durable. Just wondering....

I like the looks of the B Sport, reminds me of a mini Range Rover. Especially like the cactus gray color.

Best of luck with your purchase!
I have that "auto off" on my ranger truck which I thought would annoy me, but didn't bother me at all. I can turn in off, but never do.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #124  
There are few vehicles that suck more for highway driving than a Jeep of any flavor. CJ's, Wranglers, Saharas, Renegades... they all suck, once you put them on asphalt at highway speed. Great fun for light off-roading (stock) or tooling around town at local speed, but that's about it.
Depends on what you call a Jeep. Had a couple Grand Cherokees and they were just fine at highway speeds. Maybe not as capable offroad as the ones you mentioned, but more than good enough for anything I ever wanted to do.
Start/stop can be OK at times and can be very annoying at other times. Very annoying if you are doing something like a K-turn, or need to otherwise back up/go forward if it wants to shut off every time you stop to change directions. At long city lights it is fine and saves a little gas. When they stop the engine they time it so it stops in a specific rotation point so it restarts in one rev. Not the same as a cold start that cranks for a few revs typically. System supposed to be designed to handle all the extra starts but it has to cause more wear, realistically. They also monitor battery state and won't shut off if the battery isn't up to charge enough. Or if you are running the AC full blast to keep up on a hot day. And there is a button to turn it off if you want it off.
Most vehicles with that function have a button to turn off the start/stop function.
My 2019 Acadia has the start/stop "feature", but no factory way to defeat it. I think they added the button for the '20s.
I absolutely hate that feature. I find it hard to believe it saves any gas, or reduces pollution to any noticeable degree but it's got to significantly decrease starter life, as well as being really annoying. Given how inaccessible starters are on modern vehicles, not something I want to have to replace.
Some online searching brought me to a gadget called SmartStopStart which goes in series with a cable under the hood. Supposedly tricks the vehicle into thinking the battery is low and disables the s/s. Bought one, took all of 5 minutes to install and seems to be working just fine, no side effects that I've found.

They make them for GM and Stellantis products.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #125  
Start Stop is a result of ever tightening CAFE standards. Manufacturers are desperate to meet those and will do any silly thing possible to meet them, even if it only saves a fraction of a mpg.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #126  
My Rubicon has a switch to override stop/start feature.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #127  
Start Stop is a result of ever tightening CAFE standards. Manufacturers are desperate to meet those and will do any silly thing possible to meet them, even if it only saves a fraction of a mpg.
Adds cost to vehicle, too.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
We'll keep you guys in the loop on as to what happens. This new vehicle idea was pushed forward because my spouses folks are near 90yo and struggling with dementia so she needs to drive to there home on a regular bases which is a all day thing. Our Honda element is now at 150k losses engine oil, rusted much and losing its dependability. Oh well. :cry:

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #129  
This is the one feature on my new Jeep that I absolutely hate. It's especially stupid on a manual transmission vehicle. You can use a programmer like a Tazer that will remember that you turned it off and keep that setting the next time you start the car. The problem is that you need to leave the programer plugged in all the time which bypasses the security gateway module and can cause warranty issues if you leave it there while visiting the dealership.

The simpler solution is to disconnect a wire under the hood. You have to live with a yellow light on the dash but don't have to hit the idiot button on the dash every time you start the car.
I’m not excited about this feature and usually hit the button to turn it off, but sometimes forget.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #130  
On my 2018 Wrangler, the ESS feature quit working. It took 4 weeks for me to get it into a dealership for repair. During that time, I saw a MPG loss of around 1.5. I hand calculate and log all my fill-ups with Fuelly.com. As soon as they got my ESS feature working again my mileage weekly returned to normal. That made me a believer.

1.5 MPG might not sound like much, but for the average U.S. driver at current fuel prices you're talking $20 bucks per month easily which is enough to cover my annual taxes on the vehicle.

Not sure why people loathe features that put money back into their pockets, but whatever.....