Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it?

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #81  
Now we need to see a video of it in action.

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #82  
Last edited:
   / Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it?
Put the PT up on blocks, removed gas tank and loosened the hydroback. Pulled the plug boots and used the starter to see if my tires were turning. Using a long pry bar and mallet I'd give the hydroback a couple taps and recheck. A few tries and it landed in neutral.

Put it all back together and it fired right up! Ran it up through the rev range with a huge grin. Took it around the yard, fumbled with the throttle, let it idle, ran it hard. No backfiring.

Hopefully it's not a fluke. Can't thank you guys and Terry enough for the support and suggestions.

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it?
BTW, if you read this tread, you will learn that Power Trac is better than any Compact Tractor ever made.
Compact Tractors are Designed All Wrong

or

Just ask Moss Road ;)
Can't help but think that thread may have pushed pops to purchase his Power Trac back in 2002. He was a visitor of this forum back then, not sure if he was active at all.

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #86  
Put the PT up on blocks, removed gas tank and loosened the hydroback. Pulled the plug boots and used the starter to see if my tires were turning. Using a long pry bar and mallet I'd give the hydroback a couple taps and recheck. A few tries and it landed in neutral.

Put it all back together and it fired right up! Ran it up through the rev range with a huge grin. Took it around the yard, fumbled with the throttle, let it idle, ran it hard. No backfiring.

Hopefully it's not a fluke. Can't thank you guys and Terry enough for the support and suggestions.
Sounds wonderful! Congratulations on getting your tractor up and flying!

I hope that you have a great time with it.

All the best,

Peter

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #87  
Can't help but think that thread may have pushed pops to purchase his Power Trac back in 2002. He was a visitor of this forum back then, not sure if he was active at all.
It's the thread the got me thinking.

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #88  
On Car Talk, they said "If you don't think too good, don't think too much."

/ Late Fathers PT-422: What should I do with it? #89  
FE69A7C3-6EDF-4DC8-BC76-60C90C86B706.gif