3-Point Hitch Land pride rb1560 question

/ Land pride rb1560 question #1  

ramman666

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Hello all so I just took delivery of my bx2380 with the rear blade and I’m curious, does it matter if I use the top hole or second hole to hook up to the rear hitch. The manual calls the top hole cat1 top center link mounting hole and the second hole a quick hitch hole. What is the difference?

/ Land pride rb1560 question #2  
OK - my M6040 has three holes for mounting the top link. Top hole - earthmover, digger, SCRAPER & mowers Middle hole - plows & sub-soilers Bottom hole - disc plows & moldboard plows. I don't think you would go wrong using either hole. However - I would recommend you use the top hole.

What is the difference - my manual says if I'm going to use draft control then the bottom hole works best for that function. Supposedly the bottom hole is more sensitive for draft control.

They give no definitive reason other than draft control and the bottom hole.

/ Land pride rb1560 question
Thank you very much! I’m going to hook it up and see how it goes. I’m not doing much with it in the near future just plow snow.

/ Land pride rb1560 question #4  
Hey - have fun. I plow my yard, mile long gravel driveway & the mailbox area with my rear blade. It goes quick and isn't much of a strain on the tractor or rear blade. BTW - my rear blade is - Rhino 950. 96" wide & 1050#.

/ Land pride rb1560 question #5  
I would use whichever hole puts the toplink parallel to the lower arms, that way the blade will stay at the same angle as you move it up and down or as it goes up and down over bumps and uneven terrain.

Aaron Z