L6060 vs Mx6000

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #1  

7879fordman

Gold Member
Tractor
1969 massey 135 and a 2013 m7040hd 4x4 2013 L3800 HST 4x4
Looking at one or the other With cab. Had looked at them side by side at a dealer there things on both I do and dont like . Price quoted was $47,000 l6060 $40,000 mx6000 base options . Add ons for 3 rear remotes and 3rd function is the same . From what I read the l6060 has more 3pt lift and even more loader lift . Even though the mx6000 has a hair bigger loader . Is the l6060 really the better buy at $7000 more . Let's here thoughts . And some other pricing if yall got it on these models.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #2  
The premium feature on Kubota 'Grand L' tractors is the HST+ transmission. Stall Guard is invaluable doing Loader work. Six closely spaced HST ranges is valuable in ground engagement tasks.

Unusually, Grand Ls come with two-part wheel rims when ordered with R4/industrial tires, so rear R4 wheels/tires can be configured with a wide stance during dealer assembly. If Loader work is a priority, a wide stance will greatly increase stability, allowing you to use the Loader more efficiently.

HST/PLUS VIDEO: YouTube

MX VS GRAND L: Kubota Grand L Series VS. Kubota MX Series - YouTube

From what I read the l6060 has more 3pt lift and even more loader lift .

As your profile includes a Kubota M7040, is 3pt lift an issue? The M7040 will be more stable under heavy 3pt load.
Like the M7040, Grand Ls have paired external hydraulic cylinders lifting the Lower Links.
MX6000, L6060 and M7040 all have a Category 2 Three Point Hitch.

Last edited:
   / L6060 vs Mx6000 #3  
The premium feature on Kubota 'Grand L' tractors is the HST+ transmission. Stall Guard is invaluable doing Loader work. Six closely spaced HST ranges is valuable in ground engagement tasks.

Unusually, Grand Ls come with two-part wheel rims when ordered with R4/industrial tires, so rear R4 wheels/tires can be configured with a wide stance during dealer assembly. If Loader work is a priority, a wide stance will greatly increase stability, allowing you to use the Loader more efficiently.

As your profile includes a Kubota M7040, is 3pt lift an issue? The M7040 will be more stable under heavy 3pt load.
Like the M7040, Grand Ls have paired external hydraulic cylinders lifting the Lower Links.

The two part, adjustable rear rims available with R-4 tires is one of the reasons that I bought my L6060 rather than the competing JD 4066R, which I preferred in some respects (especially EPTO). When specified with R-4 tires, the 4066R is available only with one piece, non-adjustable rear rims, which I cannot accept for multiple reasons.

SDT

The two part, adjustable rear rims available with R-4 tires is one of the reasons that I bought my L6060 rather than the competing JD 4066R, which I preferred in some respects (especially EPTO). When specified with R-4 tires, the 4066R is available only with one piece, non-adjustable rear rims, which I cannot accept for multiple reasons.

SDT

The two part, adjustable rear rims available with R-4 tires is one of the reasons why I bought my L6060 rather than the competing JD 4066R which I preferred in some respects, especially the EPTO. JD supplies only one piece wheels/rims with R-4 tires on the 4066R, and this is unacceptable to me for multiple reasons.

Edit: Not sure why this post is duplicated.

SDT

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #4  
HST+ is the main reason I stayed Kubota after looking at a half dozen alternatives. I find some or most of the other premium features (auto throttle, cruise control, throttle advance button, etc.) over a economy L a bit gimmicky. But after 450 hours I'm more sold on the value of HST+ than when I was shopping. Generally you just leave it in medium range & shift on the fly with the high/low range lever. EVERY HST tranny from every OEM on tractors sucks for range shifts. The 2 speed on HST+ means you dont have to deal with the clunky unsynchronized 3 speed much.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #5  
Whatever you decide on, keep in mind that it's Tier 4 final and Kubota has been having issues with their emissions systems. and... If you plan on keeping it a long time, the DPF is only good for 2500 regens and then has to be cleaned (typically 500 bucks) or replaced (1000+ bucks). and usually when they are at their 'end of life' cycle, sensors have to be renewed as well.

None of it is cheap. Saying that, all Tier 4 final engines all have the same issues, Kubota is having more it seems.. I will never buy a T4 final tractor.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #6  
Whatever you decide on, keep in mind that it's Tier 4 final and Kubota has been having issues with their emissions systems. and... If you plan on keeping it a long time, the DPF is only good for 2500 regens and then has to be cleaned (typically 500 bucks) or replaced (1000+ bucks). and usually when they are at their 'end of life' cycle, sensors have to be renewed as well.

None of it is cheap. Saying that, all Tier 4 final engines all have the same issues, Kubota is having more it seems.. I will never buy a T4 final tractor.

I actually havent seen that many issues with Kubota. Especially compared to Ford/Chevy/Ram on road going trucks. I havent paid to much attention to other tractors though. There are definitely issues with the extra (emissions) systems that weren't needed in the past. That's upsetting & frustrating, but the percentage of issues doesnt seem to be that high.

2,500 regens at 20 hours between regens is 50,000 hours. If it only goes half the time between regens & lasts half the number of regens stated that still double the hours I expect a CUT to last. That being said I've heard 5,000 hours might be more realistic, which is maybe half the way through a CUTs expected lifespan.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #7  
I have been kicking tires too... I think the issue is what you are doing with it. The L6060 has more lift do to a heavier duty front axle. the L6060 weighs more.. Has the Glide shift (if I am not mistaken) vs HST. For me the MX is a better fit. Price... Matters to me, and the L6060 has a bigger foot print. I don't wasn't a bigger footprint than my MX4800. My MX regens about every 65 hours. I have has zero issues... The only reason that I was looking was the cab.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #8  
I actually havent seen that many DPF issues with Kubota.

Neither have I.

The average homeowner uses a compact tractor 60 engine hours per year. Perhaps OP will use his tractor 100 hours per year. Projecting a conservative service life of 3,000b engine hours for DPF that equals 30 years of tractor use.

/ L6060 vs Mx6000 #9  
Neither have I.

The average homeowner uses a compact tractor 60 engine hours per year. Perhaps OP will use his tractor 100 hours per year. Projecting a conservative service life of 3,000b engine hours for DPF that equals 30 years of tractor use.

There ya go again,,,, being a realist..... ;)

/ L6060 vs Mx6000
Neither have I.

That probably about right 100-150 hours a year