L4760

/ L4760 #1  

52farmer

Tractor
New Holland Boomer55-BX2680
Considering an update to a L4760,cab,loader,front snowblower.Any and all insight would be appreciated.Currently have an open station Kioti 40 hp with rear blower and a BX2680 with cab and front snowblower.

/ L4760 #2  
Are going to consolidate tractors into the L4760? They are solid tractors for sure. I follow Mark Holbrook on Youtube. He has a cabbed L4760 with a front snowblower. Amazing setup for snow removal.

/ L4760
That’s kind of the plan,still will need a small tractor for cutting grass.Just got a lot of money tied up in 2 tractors.

/ L4760 #4  
My L4060hstc has been good for me. Front axle isn't the strongest, but I believe they make the jump to the bigger axle with the L4760.

Up here in Colorado we are down 20% on HP due to lack of oxygen. I wish for more HP roading the machine & mowing with a big flail. Fine HP for the traction. Considered upgrading, but don't need more power that much.

The 2 speed HST+ is worth it. Medium range covers almost everything. Toggling ranges means you rarely have to shift the clunky manual unsynchronized gearbox every manufacturer has on their HST machines.

I don't find much value in cruise, auto throttle, stall guard & other fancy HST+ features. Try them occasionally, but turn them off again. 2 speed action makes up for it though & is worth it all on its own.

Load the rears or get wheel weights, but you should do that on most any machine.

R4s work fine for me. Good compromise between carrying capacity, traction & durability. I don't have mud to deal with & am on more puncture prone territory. R1s ride rougher & rear things up more. I'm rarely traction limited unless I'm in snow. Might try R12s on the next machine if that ever happens.

/ L4760 #5  
I've never had my loader off in the 700ish hours & 6+ years I've owned the machine. I hear it's easy, just haven't had the need. I have to swap from SSQA plow to forks a lot. Colorado doesn't stay frozen. So 3pt blower & a SSQA plow for me. Front blower would be nice, but not fit my needs.

/ L4760
Cab and front blower are my main objectives,around 50 hp and hst