L3800 HST Hydraulic Question

/ L3800 HST Hydraulic Question #1  

RobD70

Tractor
2013 Kubota L3800 HST
I am getting a land pride 3rd function valve installed on my L3800. It shows in online installation instructions to hook it to the power beyond ports. Where exactly is the power beyond ports on my tractor? A picture or diagram if available would be great. Also, is there a bolt or fastener of some sort to get the plastic cover off that covers the loader hydraulic valve? It felt like it was on pretty solid and I didnt want to break anything by just pulling hard on it. I will probably have somebody else install the 3rd function valve as I dont know alot about hydraulics and dont want to screw anything up. Will be my dealer or somebody local that does tractor/farm equipment work. Dealer wants 450 just to install the 3rd function valveand 700 to install the 3rd function and then hoses to the grapple so its ready to use. That seems like alot to me as it doesnt look like it would take them to long to do.

/ L3800 HST Hydraulic Question #2  
There's a great video on youtube third function valve but the answer to question is I think under right side floor board make sure to follow instruction because hooking up incorrect can cause sever damage:dance1:

/ L3800 HST Hydraulic Question #3  
The hose with the green tape is the one that goes to the hydraulic block under the right floorboard is the power beyond hose. hydraulic flow comes out of the power beyond port on the loader valve and goes into the hydraulic block (green marked port) to feed the "downsteam" valves. In this case presently the 3PT valve. Put your valve in series with this connection. The gray tape marked port is the "tank" port. Return low pressure fluid to this port. The orange marked hose is the flow direct from the pump heading to the loader spool valve.

/ L3800 HST Hydraulic Question
The hose with the green tape is the one that goes to the hydraulic block under the right floorboard is the power beyond hose. hydraulic flow comes out of the power beyond port on the loader valve and goes into the hydraulic block (green marked port) to feed the "downsteam" valves. In this case presently the 3PT valve. Put your valve in series with this connection. The gray tape marked port is the "tank" port. Return low pressure fluid to this port. The orange marked hose is the flow direct from the pump heading to the loader spool valve.

I went out and looked to see if I could see this. The green hose comes out of the loader hydraulics block, runs down, then back up under the right side of the seat to the block that my remotes come out of. Then a line runs from that block back down to the green port on the block under the right foot plate. Sounds like you described, just the hoses are opposite, getting the same result. The installation instructions show 2 lines coming from the 3rd function valve to the power beyond ports. The green is the pressure line and I assume the other is a return line. The instructions also show adapters on the lines coming down from the 3rd function, so hopefully they will hook right in and be simple. I was told this will be the first of these my dealer has done, installing a 3rd function valve on a L3800. Im a little leary about them using my tractor as the guinea pig and the amount they want to do it.