L3700 no start

/ L3700 no start #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
My 5 year old L3700 decided not to shut off and not re start today while my wife was using it. I condemned the seat safety switch, bought a new one and still no go. Played around with the hydro switch to make sure it was not hung up, but did not replace it. I assume the battery is ok as it was in use then just shut off. Turn the key and it clicks, just no start. Any suggestions?

/ L3700 no start #2  
My 5 year old L3700 decided not to shut off and not re start today while my wife was using it. I condemned the seat safety switch, bought a new one and still no go. Played around with the hydro switch to make sure it was not hung up, but did not replace it. I assume the battery is ok as it was in use then just shut off. Turn the key and it clicks, just no start. Any suggestions?

Not necessarily. I could still be a defective battery, It could be hi resistance connections/cables. or a number of other things. A voltmeter and a few minutes will tell quite a bit. put the terminals directly on the battery terminals (not the battery clamps) take a reading, then take a reading while your assistant is trying to start the tractor. What did you observe?

/ L3700 no start #3  
My B3300SU neutral safety switch has given me some trouble at times.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ L3700 no start #4  
PTO switch "kinda" engaged?
Fusible link?

/ L3700 no start
I'm going to take a look at it today. It got dark before I could investigate further last night. It was running fine and then just shut off. That has me thinking its a safety switch of some sort.

/ L3700 no start #6  
Just me thinking if it will not turn over just clicks I agree with the others first is to check voltage from battery terminals all the way to the starter with someone trying to start it. If the engine would turn over and not start then I would start checking safety switches and electric fuel shutoff. Let us know what you find because I have the same tractor.

/ L3700 no start
I went out this morning to take a pic of the neutral switch, to take to the dealer and get a new one. Hopped on the tractor and it started right up. I don't think it's the battery, it was running and shut down as it was in motion. That's why I thought it may be the seat switch, it would unlikely be the neutral switch because if was running, prolly not the pto switch for the same reason. I will have to wait till it happens again to investigate further

/ L3700 no start
Used the tractor a bit today. Same issue, it started fine then would not start. I think it is a bad ground on the back of the starter. I jiggled the clip and it restarted.

/ L3700 no start #9  
In the first lost, you said it wouldn't shut off, then wouldn't restart. What did you do to shut it off the first time.

My thinking is in fuel solenoid circuit

/ L3700 no start
In the first lost, you said it wouldn't shut off, then wouldn't restart. What did you do to shut it off the first time.

My thinking is in fuel solenoid circuit

My mistake. It shut off just fine. It would not restart afterward. All it would do is click. I believe it is the small wire on the back of the starter. When it does not stare, I jiggle that connection and so far it has let me restart it.