L2501 Questions

/ L2501 Questions #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
I've been casually shopping/researching new tractors for a long time, and have long realized that the Standard L series Kubota is what I'm looking for.

For my uses, the little John Deere 770 has been perfect, except for loader work. The collar shift transmission is just not suited for that. But other than that, it mows and totes things around just fine. So the L3#### have been a focus of mine with an HST transmission and SSQA system. Power is not much of a concern.

Initially I thought the L2501 was a totally different machine than the other L series. But after more investigation, realize its the same frame as the L3#### tractors. The website also lists it as compliant with all Tier 4 regulation. What does this mean? With 24.8 HP, does this tractor not require the emissions control that the rest of them do?

I'm intrigued.

/ L2501 Questions #2  
I've been casually shopping/researching new tractors for a long time, and have long realized that the Standard L series Kubota is what I'm looking for.

For my uses, the little John Deere 770 has been perfect, except for loader work. The collar shift transmission is just not suited for that. But other than that, it mows and totes things around just fine. So the L3#### have been a focus of mine with an HST transmission and SSQA system. Power is not much of a concern.

Initially I thought the L2501 was a totally different machine than the other L series. But after more investigation, realize its the same frame as the L3#### tractors. The website also lists it as compliant with all Tier 4 regulation. What does this mean? With 24.8 HP, does this tractor not require the emissions control that the rest of them do?

I'm intrigued.

Exactly right. It falls below the 26 Hp threshold. Same size just lower Hp. Probably not the best for power intensive tasks. But fine for others.

/ L2501 Questions #3  
The website also lists it as compliant with all Tier 4 regulation. What does this mean? With 24.8 HP, does this tractor not require the emissions control that the rest of them do?

The emission requirements change based on output. Generally speaking, the higher the horse power, the lower the emissions of "bad" stuff has to be. A sub 25 hp engine is allowed to pollute just a bit more than an engine over 25 hp. Manufacturers are allowed to reduce emissions however they want.

You don't need all that much power, unless you want to run a large brush hog or other power hungry PTO powered implements.

/ L2501 Questions
Thanks guys. I'm going to start seriously shopping this model. My 770 has 24 HP and 21 PTO HP and spins a 5 ft brush hog just fine, it weeds and brush over 4 ft tall. So that would be the extent of my power use. If the 2501 can do that too, it may be perfect.