Buying Advice Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #21  
I have prices on the Kubota but not the Kioti, I plan on getting a quote next week.

I dont have the kioti pricing anymore. But the difference in the 2601 and 2650 was $1000 MSRP. I went with the cab so i opted for the 2650 as its the only factory cab option, and factory AC and heat combined. Kioti was very good wasnt for the cab I may have went that way. With that said and done the 2650 was like 3k more than the 2510, but I got AC, and few other things. Also kind of came down to the fact I can find Kubota parts on amazon, kioti not so much, but kioti dealer did offere a pretty sweet deal, pick up and drop off for free while under warranty, and while under warranty if it broke they would do free rental of like machine while mine was getting fixed.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #22  
Why do some specs say 24.6 gross engine power but other places say 26HP?

Very strict Tier IV off-road diesel engine emission reduction standards phased in on dealer tractor inventory during 2009, impacting tractor prices.

Tier IV emission standards require tractor manufacturers to add or revise pollution reduction technology on new tractors generating over 19 kW power = 25.4794 horsepower.

DPF is used by the majority of tractor manufactures for more powerful tractors, but not all.

Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) captures exhaust particulates (soot) in a ceramic matrix. When tractor engine runs sufficiently hot, accumulated particulates burn off periodically without operator intervention. If engine is not run continuously hot long enough to burn off particulates, diesel soot accumulates in the matrix. Once heavy soot accumulates in DPF the tractor forces soot clearance with the tractor parked and throttle open to about 2,200 rpm for about sixteen minutes, which makes the DPF REALLY HOT to burn off all accumulated soot. Burning off accumulated soot, either during operation or parked is called REGENERATION.

The cost of DPF and the computer chip which monitors soot accumulation increases Tier IV compliant tractor cost. Computer chip may also control electronic fuel injection.

Air fouling with Tier IV controls is reduced 99% relative to air fouling with Tier III controls.

(Via small engine displacement, higher operating revs and careful design, 26-horsepower Kubota B2650 unusually meets Tier IV standards without a Diesel Particulate Filter.)

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #23  
Looking at the Kubota B2601/B2650 there is a difference between the hydraulic output and weight of the two machines.

Can someone provide guidance between those for what we'd be doing?

Increased hydraulic work capacity comes from larger hydraulic cylinders. Especially relevant for the FEL but also important for Three Point Hitch lift capacity.

If more hydraulic flow is not designed in, it takes longer to fill larger hydraulic cylinders, slowing FEL response.

B2601 with 1,174 pounds FEL lift capacity has smaller hydraulic cylinders than B2650 with 1,407 pounds lift capacity. B2650 requires more hydraulic flow or FEL response would be sluggish.

B2650 has a slightly larger displacement engine than the B2601.

VIDEO: Kubota B261 VS Kubota B265 - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #24  
It's something I never heard spoke of here. A lot of guys talk about lift capacity but not how quickly the machine will do that. Good lift capacity with a small pump could take forever and that could be a factor if you want to get stuff done in a hurry.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #25  
It's something I never heard spoke of here. A lot of guys talk about lift capacity but not how quickly the machine will do that. Good lift capacity with a small pump could take forever and that could be a factor if you want to get stuff done in a hurry.

Probably cause No one complains about slow FEL times. I've yet to hear of such talk.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #26  
To me, it's a factor of true performance. It is like discussing how many PSI your pressure washer has and never mentioning GPM. It's only half the story. Because it's easy and cheap to sell partial specifictions.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #27  
To me, it's a factor of true performance. It is like discussing how many PSI your pressure washer has and never mentioning GPM. It's only half the story. Because it's easy and cheap to sell partial specifictions.

ooooooooooooooooooookay

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #28  
Most of everyone's comments here are for larger models that what we can afford and or need. No way am I getting a 35+ unit. This is going to be for a small homestead.

Looking at the 2 models that I posted; there's a difference between the hydrolic output and weight of the machine. Can you provide any guidance between those for what we'd be doing?

Kubota dealer is about 25 or so miles away (we live in the woods) and they have a good rep, the Kioti is across the road from them but they sell Massey as well so I am not sure about them as I haven't gone in yet. There is a dealer that has a huge lot about 65 minutes away from us.

dealer with a "huge lot"......Chappell Tractor?
I have heard mostly good things about them.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #29  
They were not with the CK2510 and that was as of this spring. The 3510 yes you would be right. So essentially I paid 3k less for the B2650 with those items then then the CK3150, but did miss out on some HP.

If it werent for the cab I would have probably went Kioti. heck could have gotten a 47hp TYM for what I paid, but really didnt need it and the fact the dealer was out his garage kind of scared me

I think it is standard on the SE model. I am not sure about the others.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #30  
Land:
5-8 acres~ half or little more is field which could be hayed by a local farmer however I do have plans for 3/4 of it for chickens, pig and potentially a cow. We mostly need to move around compost, mow (not all of that acreage, maybe a couple) and snow blow a 250'~ driveway. I'd like to haul/drag some smaller logs or trees around (don't think too big).

I've been considering the Kubota B2601/B2650 (GP Outdoors on Youtube, what he does is what I'd like to do). I rented a crappy Kioti CS2510 from an equipment rental co. It did not work well at all and I don't believe that it was my fault as I've ran other tractors.... So that experience tainted my view on Kioti's but it probably was just beat up and not maintained. I've read good things about their tractors, so one that I have not talked to the dealer about yet is the CK2510/2610 HST.

I think either B series would do everything you want done. B2601 will be a size step up over your BX while a B2650 a size step up beyond that. Both the 01 and 50 will lift their respective 54" and 60" buckets full of gravel. While making about the same hp I have to think the 2650 with it's larger engine will make a bit more torque and at a lower rpm. If going with a 60" mmm on either I would find it easier to mow and trim with the 2601 as the deck will extend out farther. 2601 uses a suspended deck while the 2650 goes with ground contact, there are advantages to both and I've had both. In general I slightly prefer the ground contact on smooth lawns, suspended on rough or bumpy terrain. I really like the new quick attach FEL and available R14 tires on the B2601.
LOL just reading what I typed here I don't think I really helped you in your decision!