Buying Advice Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I've been reading a lot of posts, researching, etc. I'm not particularly loyal to a brand, I am more knowledgeable with Kubota. Cost is the deciding factor here.

Land:
5-8 acres~ half or little more is field which could be hayed by a local farmer however I do have plans for 3/4 of it for chickens, pig and potentially a cow. We mostly need to move around compost, mow (not all of that acreage, maybe a couple) and snow blow a 250'~ driveway. I'd like to haul/drag some smaller logs or trees around (don't think too big).

I've been considering the Kubota B2601/B2650 (GP Outdoors on Youtube, what he does is what I'd like to do). I rented a crappy Kioti CS2510 from an equipment rental co. It did not work well at all and I don't believe that it was my fault as I've ran other tractors.... So that experience tainted my view on Kioti's but it probably was just beat up and not maintained. I've read good things about their tractors, so one that I have not talked to the dealer about yet is the CK2510/2610 HST.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #2  
I've been reading a lot of posts, researching, etc. I'm not particularly loyal to a brand, I am more knowledgeable with Kubota. Cost is the deciding factor here.

Land:
5-8 acres~ half or little more is field which could be hayed by a local farmer however I do have plans for 3/4 of it for chickens, pig and potentially a cow. We mostly need to move around compost, mow (not all of that acreage, maybe a couple) and snow blow a 250'~ driveway. I'd like to haul/drag some smaller logs or trees around (don't think too big).

I've been considering the Kubota B2601/B2650 (GP Outdoors on Youtube, what he does is what I'd like to do). I rented a crappy Kioti CS2510 from an equipment rental co. It did not work well at all and I don't believe that it was my fault as I've ran other tractors.... So that experience tainted my view on Kioti's but it probably was just beat up and not maintained. I've read good things about their tractors, so one that I have not talked to the dealer about yet is the CK2510/2610 HST.

I have a 48HP Kubota and love it, but many folks also love their Kiotis.
I think a rental machine may not be a good comparison.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #3  
Were it not for the poor Kioti in my area, I would be as comfortable with one as the other depending on the model.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #4  
Love my Kioti and never even considered the brand until a friend told me to go look. Its a lot bigger than what you're looking for, and some people will probably tell you to look at the 3510 for the $.

Take their advice on buying bigger than you think you want. Also, put your butt in each and run the controls. Let that be your deciding factor, not just your $ limit.

If you stay in budget but hate the machine, what have you gained?

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #5  
SO i was stuck on the 2510 and the Kubota B2650. Liked both models because they lack the emissions, other reality is the 3510 and the 3350 are really the same tractor just more HP. What it came down to was after packaging everything together kubota has telecscoping arms and the AC/heated cab. Cant get AC on the kioti. End of the day I paid 2k more for the kubota but felt I got 2k worth of stuff per say.

Pricing matters but I would say go get detailed quotes for both to include implements and such and also look at financing. Even if I dont factor in AC on the kubota there were a few things that came standard on the Kubota that I would probably had to add to the kioti anyways, so the 2k difference was actually probably a little less

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #6  
SO i was stuck on the 2510 and the Kubota B2650. Like both models because they lack the emissions, other reality is the 3510 and the 3350 are really the same tractor just more HP. What it came down to was after packaging everything together kubota has telecscoping arms and the AC/heated cab. Cant get AC on the kioti.

How long ago was this? Currently AC and telescopic arms are standard.....

CK351SE HC | Kioti Tractors

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #7  
I looked at both Kubota and Kioti when I bought my first tractor about 5 yrs ago. I initially leaned toward the Kubota. After getting a chance to get my hands on both, I quickly shifted to Kioti. The bang for the buck was too much to ignore. I've never had a single problem with my Kioti DK50 .. cab/radio/AC/4wd.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #8  
How long ago was this? Currently AC and telescopic arms are standard.....

CK351SE HC | Kioti Tractors

They were not with the CK2510 and that was as of this spring. The 3510 yes you would be right. So essentially I paid 3k less for the B2650 with those items then then the CK3150, but did miss out on some HP.

If it werent for the cab I would have probably went Kioti. heck could have gotten a 47hp TYM for what I paid, but really didnt need it and the fact the dealer was out his garage kind of scared me

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #9  
Good luck on your new machine! We do require pics though.

/ Kubota vs Kioti - new to tractors #10  
Most issues with any known brand distill down to owner stupidity or lack of proper care.

I base my brand choice solely on the dealer and location of the dealer and I don't 'love' any tractor. I love my wife and dog. Tractors are tools. Nothing more.