Comparison Kubota vs Branson?

/ Kubota vs Branson? #11  
I just went through kubota vs Branson decision. I was looking at smaller 25hp models. My wife was against Branson since anyone you ask around here recommends Kubota. All their plants are within an hour of here so that sways locals.

It really came down to two things. Kubota felt better, just the operator station room and layout were better to us. My wife will put in a good bit of seat time so she did have a fair bit of say. What really got me though was the way the Branson dealer dodged my questions about who works on them. He said we do service but most customers do their own. What he was really saying was they'll change the oil but never did tell me who repairs them.

I paid a bit more for Kubota but I'm glad I did and the wife is real happy. In reality I'm sure the Branson would have been fine but ...

BTW Kubota wasn't as overpriced as some people make them sound.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #12  
So your wife picked your tractor. Does make life easier.

Happy wife happy life.

I'd like to think we picked our tractor.

Really the Branson killed his when he dodged the service question. One other thing that was in the back of my mind was kubota and Branson are supposedly made in North Georgia but there are only a few Branson dealers around and no one local I talked to ever heard of them.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #13  
Happy wife happy life.

I'd like to think we picked our tractor.

Really the Branson killed his when he dodged the service question. One other thing that was in the back of my mind was kubota and Branson are supposedly made in North Georgia but there are only a few Branson dealers around and no one local I talked to ever heard of them.

I agree, I deleted my response cause I didn't like the tone it took when i read it back. Why were you thinking of Branson at all then?

/ Kubota vs Branson? #14  
Hello, good luck with your decision. I find most folks on the forum are going to recommend Kubotas because the majority of forum participants have that brand and like them based on good features and reliability.
I tried to buy a Deere, but the dealer's "Sales Prevention Team" did a fantastic job of sending me running. There were Deere, Kioti, Kubota, Misubishi/Mahindra and Yanmar dealers in the area and the Kubota dealers sucked the least.

There is now a Branson dealer in the area but I could not find anyone that owned one for a reference.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #15  
I agree, I deleted my response cause I didn't like the tone it took when i read it back. Why were you thinking of Branson at all then?

Thank you Murphy, I wasn't sure about how you intended that but wasn't going to lose sleep over it.

I tend to be cheap and settle for less to save a buck. I had written off kubota because I kept hearing they were so expensive. I got a quote from a kubota dealer and was surprised that it really wasn't much more than Branson, LS or kioti.

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Branson? #16  
Thank you Murphy, I wasn't sure about how you intended that but wasn't going to lose sleep over it.

I tend to be cheap and settle for less to save a buck. I had written off kubota because I kept hearing they were so expensive. I got a quote from a kubota dealer and was surprised that it really wasn't much more than Branson, LS or kioti.

No use loosing sleep over a internet forum. I just wondered why Branson as there are other makes that are less costly than Kubota.. By the way you need to change not yet to Kubota.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #17  
No use loosing sleep over a internet forum. I just wondered why Branson as there are other makes that are less costly than Kubota.. By the way you need to change not yet to Kubota.
It was free advice, worth at least as much as you paid.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #18  
It was free advice, worth at least as much as you paid.

So you advised him not to buy Branson? If so why? I don't see that brand here at all.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #19  
So you advised him not to buy Branson? If so why? I don't see that brand here at all.
I wasn't referring specifically to what I said. I said I would buy Kubota. I never said not to buy Branson.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #20  
I wasn't referring specifically to what I said. I said I would buy Kubota. I never said not to buy Branson.

But I was asking him. I thought there was some reasoning behind it. That brand is not around here.