Comparison Kubota vs Branson?

/ Kubota vs Branson? #1  

corvuslanding

Tractor
None yet
Hi, I'm new the forum, though I've been lurking for the past year. I'm planning to buy a new tractor over the winter. I run a market farm (veg and small fruit), currently at 2.5 acres in production, but planning to scale up to 5. We own 50 acres, including 15 acres of meadow and 26 acres of steep forest land and old logging roads. We're mostly planning to use the tractor for tilling, deeper soil work (chisel plow? Spader? still deciding), mowing, and loader work, but may want to use it for some minor forestry (log hauling?) in the future.

I'm still in the exploratory phase, but am looking at something in the 35 to 45 HP range with 4WD. I'm most familiar with the Kubotas in that size range (looking at L3901), but I'm exploring all brands with a decent dealer nearby. I'm particularly interested in the Branson, since they seem to be a better deal on a similar HP and weight of tractor (3520 or 4020). Or I could get a bigger, heavier tractor for the same price (4720). Most Kubota vs Branson comparisons I've seen were older threads, and largely said that Branson as a brand was still unproven. Anybody have an updated opinion?

Resale value isn't an issue for me but reliability is: I'm hoping to keep this for a long time.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #2  
HI. Welcome. I am biased in favor of Kubota. Dealers are very important. Lots of old Kubota's still running after 1000's of hours.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #3  
The fast growing Korean tractor brands are Kioti and LS. Kioti and LS advantage seems to be a commitment to make all their own stuff, like Kubota. My perception is that Kioti and LS push Branson around in the marketplace.

Branson seems to be maintaining but not growing, with individual dealers fading in and fading out.

I like Kubota, having bought two new. I shopped both LS and Kioti at the Sunbelt Ag Expo last year and was impressed with both; preferred LS. I like that both brands have full feature lines that compete, pretty much, with Kubota Grand Ls.

At this moment closest Kioti dealer is 45 miles, LS 65 miles, but that may change before I am ready for a new tractor.

If you have a stable, local Branson dealer I would give Branson a careful inspection.

I enjoy having a very helpful Kubota dealer six miles from my home, employing a highly competent mechanic. I am not much of a wrench. I know nothing about hydraulics. I do not regret writing either Kubota check.

It is helpful that Kubota has three tractor plants nearby, in Georgia. Infrequently needed parts arrive overnight reliably. Next year Kubota will open a central parts facility in Kansas.

When I put my used Kubota B3300SU for sale, it was gone in one day.

About Branson

Branson Tractor was founded in the US in 1998 as a tractor distribution company. Kukje Machinery in South Korea is their parent company and has been in business since 1968. Branson Tractor now has 165 dealerships in the United States and Canada.
Branson Tractors has three warehouses. The Rome, Georgia location not only has a warehouse, assembly and distribution center, it is also the Corporate Office. Another warehouse, assembly and distribution center is located in Plainview, Texas and North Plains, Oregon.
Branson Tractors has tractors ranging in horsepower from 24 to 80. The 00 series tractors have 4 models available, available with manual transmission or hydrostatic transmission. They have five models in their 20HST series, with 2 models available in Cab models. Their 20R series tractors have five models with the 4520 and 5220 also available with air conditioned and heated cabs. There is also a model available with a cab and heat only for the Northern States. The 7845 model Branson Tractor is new to the line-up in 2015, available in ROPS or Cab models. And the 8050 finishes off the models. Each model has a loader and backhoe available as well.

Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Branson? #4  
Hi, I'm new the forum, though I've been lurking for the past year. I'm planning to buy a new tractor over the winter. I run a market farm (veg and small fruit), currently at 2.5 acres in production, but planning to scale up to 5. We own 50 acres, including 15 acres of meadow and 26 acres of steep forest land and old logging roads. We're mostly planning to use the tractor for tilling, deeper soil work (chisel plow? Spader? still deciding), mowing, and loader work, but may want to use it for some minor forestry (log hauling?) in the future.

I'm still in the exploratory phase, but am looking at something in the 35 to 45 HP range with 4WD. I'm most familiar with the Kubotas in that size range (looking at L3901), but I'm exploring all brands with a decent dealer nearby. I'm particularly interested in the Branson, since they seem to be a better deal on a similar HP and weight of tractor (3520 or 4020). Or I could get a bigger, heavier tractor for the same price (4720). Most Kubota vs Branson comparisons I've seen were older threads, and largely said that Branson as a brand was still unproven. Anybody have an updated opinion?

Resale value isn't an issue for me but reliability is: I'm hoping to keep this for a long time.

Advice from a Branson owner.............I bought my 3510H in 2008, it's been a great tractor. Problem is, is that now I have a problem that needs to be fixed, and I no longer have a dealer that is very near to me. Don't get me wrong I love my Branson, but if there is any chance that your dealer is going to fold or move, get the Kubota. If you have a reliable dealer in your area......get the Branson.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #5  
Branson Tractor now has 165 dealerships in the United States and Canada. Branson Tractors has three warehouses. The Rome, Georgia location not only has a warehouse, assembly and distribution center, it is also the Corporate Office. Another warehouse, assembly and distribution center is located in Plainview, Texas and North Plains, Oregon

Possibly an interesting data point. Rome, Ga only has one authorized Branson dealer........ which opened up last year. Prior to that there wasn't a dealer within an hour's drive of the city.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #6  
I just bought the Branson 3520H and couldn't be happier. I did a ton of research, weighed out all the pro's, cons's, and value for the dollar. I have to say, after carefully considering everything, the Branson was just impossible to beat. I live in TX, and I bought mine from Big Red's Equipment in Granbury. If you want to see a great video comparing the Branson 3520 to a comparable orange and green, go to Youtube and search for Branson Tractors Dare 2 Compare.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #7  
Branson may be a great tractor. I don't know and don't pretend to have an opinion on them. Kubota is more of a sure thing - a known quantity that holds it's value as well as, or better than, just about any tractor.

So, if you want to be safe, Kubota is the easy play.

If you want to get the most value for your money, you need to look not only at Branson, but also Kioti and LS (both made in South Korea and both very good brands) and other big name brands such as Massey Ferguson. Do plenty of research and compare not only prices but features so you know that you're either comparing apples to apples or, if not, you know the differences between the apples and the oranges.

There are LOTS of choices in the 35 - 45 HP range, not only brands but different series within the same brand. For example, in that range Kubota has the standard "L" series and the Grand L series. You have to know what you're getting for your money. Personally, I think Kubota provides a lot of value too because, while they may be a little more expensive up front in some cases, they do hold their value and their dependability is high.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #8  
I have never had any trouble with Kubota. There are at least 9 Kubotas in the family and none have ever been any trouble.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #9  
Hello, good luck with your decision. I find most folks on the forum are going to recommend Kubotas because the majority of forum participants have that brand and like them based on good features and reliability. As a caution though, it doesn't mean the Branson is not also a good tractor.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #10  
After researching and comparing for over a year I bought a Branson 5220R/FEL new back in February of this year. It is a well built stout machine and I am very pleased with it. I seriously considered Kubota but in the end I could not justify spending several thousand more.

For a similar size comparison the Branson is a heavier tractor and will lift more from the 3ph. I am in no way knocking Kubota as they obviously build a fine machine. I just could not afford the price difference. I also have a Branson dealer very close to me and that helped me make the decision.

I am sure you will be happy with either one. Good luck and happy tractorin'