Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed.

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Who has done this? Can not get mine off with a standard wheel hub 3 finger puller. Nuthing but plastic and rubber to grab onto !???
Is there a special tool. I just wanted to pull the dash to mod an Ebrake warning light.
Thanks in Advance.

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #2  
Did you pop the center and remove the nut first?

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #3  

Useful life hack

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #4  
I used my bearing puller under the wheel. The 2 riser bolts had plenty of room to get past the 3 steering wheel spokes and it pressed against the center nut.

Bearing Separator and Puller Set

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #5  
After the nut mine came off with a firm thump from my palm on the underside of the steering wheel.

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #6  
First thing I would do when I take my tractor apart is to get a parts diagram so I can see how it was put together. Messicks has a very good parts diagram for a lot of the tractors.

You didn't mention which model so I pulled up a random one which shows you have to remove the center plug, the nut and a washer before the steering wheel will come off.

Messicks search

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed. #7  
Who has done this? Can not get mine off with a standard wheel hub 3 finger puller. Nuthing but plastic and rubber to grab onto !???
Is there a special tool. I just wanted to pull the dash to mod an Ebrake warning light.
Thanks in Advance.
If you are talking about pulling the wheel off the MX please let us know if you were successful. I have tried to take mine off as well with no success. The video looks like a good idea but I think the pneumatic hammer would have to be set up a little differently, if I remember correctly, in order to not damage the end of the steering shaft.

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed.
If you are talking about pulling the wheel off the MX please let us know if you were successful. I have tried to take mine off as well with no success. The video looks like a good idea but I think the pneumatic hammer would have to be set up a little differently, if I remember correctly, in order to not damage the end of the steering shaft.
Yes the MX - that is what I'm talking about. I'm thinking they have a custom tool or a huge pickle fork LOL. I gave up using the 3 fingered hub puller.

/ Kubota Steering wheel removal help needed.
First thing I would do when I take my tractor apart is to get a parts diagram so I can see how it was put together. Messicks has a very good parts diagram for a lot of the tractors.

You didn't mention which model so I pulled up a random one which shows you have to remove the center plug, the nut and a washer before the steering wheel will come off.

Messicks search
You are correct. I should have approached it that way. I removed a nut and a lock washer. But I did not fish out a large washer under that which may have been hiding a C clip? I found 2 diagrams there, one marked Old looks like my 2018 and has no Clip. But the other newer (?) model has a clip but no nut? I'll go back in and have another look. If it has a C clip I will return sheepishly and report. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-19 185712.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-19 185712.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2023-06-19 190003.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-19 190003.png
    284 KB · Views: 98