Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer
Personally, I'd be taking your last suggestion. Good for trying it out, but if it doesn't work for you then return it and go find an older, more user-friendly machine. Running an engine flat out so that it pleases someone else isn't on my agenda.

I enjoy running our quiet tractors. Having them is a enjoyable luxury - not a requirement. Working on our land with the tractor purring at an idle is part of what we enjoy about a rural lifestyle.

Running a machine screaming at PTO rpm all the time is not something that I have any interest in supporting. It is expensive, annoying, and inefficient. Manufacturers and engineers who want our business should get off their duffs and quit being lazy.
rScotty
I hear what you are saying about having to run the tractor wide azz open all the time. I don't mind it, in fact you need to run at high rpms to get some things done but there are many times you just don't need to be in the high RPM range all the time.
Sadly it's not the engineers or the manufactures that are the problem here. It's the people that vote for these greenie weenie, green new deal people. There's a lot of money to be made out there pushing this crap on the american people. Don't want to start a political debate here but you cant blame manufactures for this crap. They are just trying to make a living like everyone else and to do that they have to build stuff that the gubment will let them manufacture. If it keeps going the way it is now ol' 5030 will be pulling his hay wagon with an electric tractor some day.

/ Kubota or John Deer #132  
I wanna know about the flashing lights. Whassup with that? And I certainly wouldn’t think the regen would kick in with just over 25 hours.

/ Kubota or John Deer
Well after three tries trying to get those dang lights to go off I called my salesman back and he put me through to the service dept. After a couple minutes of them trying to explane all the things I had done wrong, I said wait a minute, don't you think someone should have told me about all these things before, or at leaste shortly after I bought the dang thing? There had been a lot of talking up to this point and I finally asked what do I have to do to get the damn lights to go off. She said oh, you'll have to bring the tractor into the shop because now we need to hook it up to this machine and will probably need to do service on it. I said, AT JUST 22 HOURS. I told her that was probably something someone had told me about too because if they had we wouldn't be having the little chat right now.
I told her I didn't have a way to haul it right now and I'll just use it the way it is and hung up. Shortly after that my salesman called saying he would come buy and pick it up monday or tuesday and I politely said that's not acceptable and that by then I would have something else to ride and work with. Thirty minutes later he pulled into my yard with a trailer and hauled it off.
About three hours later he showed back up and the lights were off. I wasn't there at the time so I didn't get to talk to him and it was after hours when I got home. I had some gravel to spread so I decided to give it a try before it got dark. I got the gravel spread and noticed It was really low on fuel so I went to the shed and pulled out 5 gals of fuel and went to put it into the tank. As soon as I jumped up on the front wheel so I could fuel it I noticed this line of scrap marks of about 14" long right in the center of the hood running long ways from front to back. I went on and put the can of fuel in the tank and afterwards I got a large rag to wipe off the spilled fuel that I knew would be there and while I was cleaning it up I got a little closer look and these marks and they looked like lines about 1 1/2" wide about an 1/8" apart something like what a corduroy road would look like. They were in to spots side by side. Now I know they were not there before it left my yard and now I'm wondering if anyone will remember how they got there. I'm calling the first thing monday morning to see what may happen. I really don't mind a couple scratches but I would have liked the hornor of putting them there myself.

/ Kubota or John Deer #134  
I hear what you are saying about having to run the tractor wide azz open all the time. I don't mind it, in fact you need to run at high rpms to get some things done but there are many times you just don't need to be in the high RPM range all the time.
Sadly it's not the engineers or the manufactures that are the problem here. It's the people that vote for these greenie weenie, green new deal people. There's a lot of money to be made out there pushing this crap on the american people. Don't want to start a political debate here but you cant blame manufactures for this crap. They are just trying to make a living like everyone else and to do that they have to build stuff that the gubment will let them manufacture. If it keeps going the way it is now ol' 5030 will be pulling his hay wagon with an electric tractor some day.
I used to agree with everything you are saying, except one thing changed my mind.
Our business bought a Sprinter delivery van with a MB diesel engine. You've probably seen them; they're everywhere. Reasonable price & now has about a zillion miles on it.

That engine changed my mind about what is possible. Meets all the Greenie requirements, can make 275 hp and will idle for hours so quietly you can barely hear it running. No smell or fumes. Barely sips fuel. No maintenance except change the oil.

So it's not just politics. It's manufacturing and profits too.

/ Kubota or John Deer #135  
Well I went and pulled the trigger on a brand new L3301. I got the front end loader, a spreader box and a heavy duty pallet fork for just under $30,000. I'll probably be going back and get a chipper and a bush hog a little later.
So far I have logged 16 hrs on the ol girl mainly scooping up gravel out of gravel piles and spreading it out around my new building site. I have a big top soil pile that I use to fill in low spots around the property and I did in just 10 minutes what it would take me a half day or more to do with my Powerking and little trailer by hand. And I wasn't tired a bit after doing it. :D As some have stated the loader is a little light for any real agressive rooting and digging but I found out pretty quick that you just have to slow down and take your time after all it's not a D8 cat. Over all I'm pretty happy with it. In 16 hrs it has only gone through a 1/4 tank of fuel. One thing I found that was not really to my liking if the fuel fill. I don't know what brain child came uo with the idea of placing it on top center of the hood, especially with the way these new fuel cans we have today. I can see a lot of of fuel all over the place when trying to ballance yourself in one spot for 15 minutes while fuel drips from these stewpid so called safty cans. Other than that it seems like a pretty solid machine you just have to take your time with it.
I'm a bit late to the party again but congratulations on your new tractor. Take care of it and you will have it a long time.

Everybody has a different way of fueling. I put the 5 gallon can in my bucket, raise it so that the can is higher than the fuel tank, and use a "shaker hose"
1680365285735.png
to get it into the tank.

/ Kubota or John Deer
I wanna know about the flashing lights. Whassup with that? And I certainly wouldn’t think the regen would kick in with just over 25 hours.
Me either but it had a little over 22 hp when they popped up. There's a sticker right on the rear fender telling you what to do when this happens witch when followed did not fix the situation. According to the service department, when those lights are flashing and the warning horn is sounding it has to go to the shop to be reset. It seems like a pile of steaming:poop: but I guess now it's part of the show.

/ Kubota or John Deer #137  
Me either but it had a little over 22 hp when they popped up. There's a sticker right on the rear fender telling you what to do when this happens witch when followed did not fix the situation. According to the service department, when those lights are flashing and the warning horn is sounding it has to go to the shop to be reset. It seems like a pile of steaming:poop: but I guess now it's part of the show.
The hardest thing to learn on my 3301 was about the regen. There was more than one occasion where it sat in the road while doing it, because I couldn't figure out what else to do. Now when the light comes on I know to boost the RPMs until that light stops flashing; and keep on working.

I might do differently if I was in tedding hay the middle of the field though. (Do they still run a tedder across hay?)

/ Kubota or John Deer
I used to agree with everything you are saying, except one thing changed my mind.
Our business bought a Sprinter delivery van with a MB diesel engine. You've probably seen them; they're everywhere. Reasonable price & now has about a zillion miles on it.

That engine changed my mind about what is possible. Meets all the Greenie requirements, can make 275 hp and will idle for hours so quietly you can barely hear it running. No smell or fumes. Barely sips fuel. No maintenance except change the oil.

So it's not just politics. It's manufacturing and profits too.
I hate to tarnish my reputation like that :oops:. But it is hard for these guys to keep up with regulations with the way they are changing now. I'm glad at least some manufacturers have figured out a way to deal with it. I guess if you have enough hp available you can make anything happen. EPA regulations have been around a long time in the Automotive industry but it is relatively new to farm equipment.

/ Kubota or John Deer #139  
Just heard that John Deere will be changing their color schemes of their tractors in 2024. The corp offices did some group studies and found that most buyers prefer their tractors in a red color. So starting in 2024, "John Deere" green is going to be retired, and there will be an ad campaigne around the new "John Deere," red. :)

Last edited:
   / Kubota or John Deer
Just heard that John Deere will be changing their color schemes of their tractors in 2024. The corp offices did some group studies and found that most buyers refer their tractors in a red color. So starting in 2024, "John Deere" green is going to be retired, and there will be an ad campaigne around the new "John Deere," red. :)
The world will never be the same.