Kubota New Pricing

/ Kubota New Pricing
There is a really clean BX on my local CL going for $9.5k; it's a newer model, BX80, with about 500 hours. Story in the ad says the dealer offered a full $9k for it, which is rather insulting knowing they're going to turn around and sell it for $14k.

The prices around here are absolutely insane. It would not surprise me if I went to find that BX and it was sold already; everyone around here wants $12k+ for any machine newer than 2000.
I'm bummed out I missed that Massey 1635. It was overpriced (same as it was new back when it was current) but 30 grand cheaper than I can buy a new cabbed 35 horse tractor for now. And no emissions garbage.

/ Kubota New Pricing #92  
"The prices around here are absolutely insane. It would not surprise me if I went to find that BX and it was sold already; everyone around here wants $12k+ for any machine newer than 2000."

I kinda scratch my head re those asking prices, and I keep trying to figure out who is to blame.
If I,m a seller, and can get a crazy high price for what I,m selling, why not sell it for that crazy high price ?
If I,m a buyer, what situation is forcing me to pay those crazy high prices,
and why not just say no, I,ll wait, and wait, until I feel the price is fair.
Is it fair to place the blame on the buyers, that must have it right now, at any cost ? I say it is.
Luckily I have never let myself get into a position were I must buy something, right now, at any ridiculous cost.
If I don,t feel I am getting fair value for the item cost of something I am interested in purchasing, I simply don,t buy it.
I predicted pricing over these last couple of covid years totally wrong. I thought when covid hit, people would quickly shut down any major spending, and dealers of used cars, trucks, tractors, snowmobiles, quads etc would be going bankrupt.
After talking to a lot of those dealers since the world has opened up, a lot of them had the best couple of years ever with any used stuff that they were selling.
I feel the markets appear to be slowly coming back down, but it is going to take another good while to get near where they should be.
If consumers can hold off, that should help bring the prices closer to what use to be normal.

I just sold a tractor privately and I am looking at dealers and private sellers for a replacement. The dealer asking prices are VERY high still to this day. My theory is that since NEW equipment is so pricey, they price the used equipment high, too.
Very little seems to be selling. In my searches, inventory seems to be “stuck”. Asking prices are high, and equipment just sits.

Private sellers have seem to come back down a bit, but still too high. Of course the record high interest rates and record high inflation are a BIG problem with sales, too. Now throw in the price of diesel fuel…..wow.

I have a feeling I’m going to have to overpay for the next few purchases or find an alternative. Next 1-2 years are going to be uncomfortable for those of us who need equipment to make money.

Last edited:
   / Kubota New Pricing #93  
Kid of like automobiles and light trucks. Way overpriced. read that Fords isn't selling anything, same with GM. No one in their right mind is gonna pay 80 grand for a light truck with an insane interest rate as well.

The day of reckoning is coming soon.

/ Kubota New Pricing #94  
Kid of like automobiles and light trucks. Way overpriced. read that Fords isn't selling anything, same with GM. No one in their right mind is gonna pay 80 grand for a light truck with an insane interest rate as well.

The day of reckoning is coming soon.
Yep…The days of 6-7 year auto loans at 0 percent with the interest rolled into the loan as principal which increased the price of the unit 6-10,000 dollars are closing rapidly.

/ Kubota New Pricing #95  
Wow, Kubota has priced it equipment right out of reach. I have considered trading in some equipment since covid hit. Sure wish I had as doing it now would cost 20% more. Just need to keep my eyes open for bargain used deals.

/ Kubota New Pricing #96  
Wow, Kubota has priced it equipment right out of reach. I have considered trading in some equipment since covid hit. Sure wish I had as doing it now would cost 20% more. Just need to keep my eyes open for bargain used deals.
And what is weird is it seems like all/most of the Covid handout money is pretty much gone?
Maybe wait until that is all spent, mostly foolishly, then make a move on a tractor? Is Kubota that good? My 10,000 hours of seat time in 4 different Kubotas say they aren’t.
I am looking now to replace one and prices on bigger stuff is till 10-20K high.
I keep thinking who has that money and can pen a check or pay 8% interest? Sure a few can, but not many. I am lucky enough to make a choice, but 90% of us probably are not.

/ Kubota New Pricing #97  
In regards to replacing a piece of machinery/tractor. I think inflation has actually kept things moving. I can sell my 11 year old tractor for what I gave for it new!!! But then I pay an inflated price for a replacement..... No win there at all. But some people don't look that deep.

/ Kubota New Pricing #98  
I bought a L2501 about a year ago trying to beat more price increases. But there comes a point when prices get so far out of whack relative to what people can actually afford to pay, that something has to give. There have been a number of factors that caused the present situation, but inflation due to money printing over the past two years created a huge problem, not just in tractor sales, but also in the residential real estate market. Wages haven't kept pace with this kind of unprecedented fast growth in inflation.

Kubota isn't going to produce tractors at a loss just to sell more tractors. That's why new prices ratchet upwards and drag the prices of used equipment upward as well as people look for any savings to be had anywhere when they can't afford to buy new. But you can also factor in people wanting to buy tractors that don't have the emissions garbage on them, too.

/ Kubota New Pricing #99  
And what is weird is it seems like all/most of the Covid handout money is pretty much gone?
Maybe wait until that is all spent, mostly foolishly, then make a move on a tractor? Is Kubota that good? My 10,000 hours of seat time in 4 different Kubotas say they aren’t.
I am looking now to replace one and prices on bigger stuff is till 10-20K high.
I keep thinking who has that money and can pen a check or pay 8% interest? Sure a few can, but not many. I am lucky enough to make a choice, but 90% of us probably are not.
The COVID money might almost be done, but the Inflation Reduction act money is just starting to hit. The inflation reduction act was just a massive stimulus bill much like COVID money was.

In fact, yesterday inflation rose to 6.5% year over year, that is 6.5% on top of the 8.5% from the 12 months the year prior. Then today they said wholesale inflation rose .7% year over year on top of the increases all of last year.

I hope everyone is getting comfortable with higher prices for a long time. This is all happening in spite of the FED raising rates at the fastest clip in history. That tells you how much money in in the system.

Congress is wrecking this economy with handing out money hand over fist to pet projects.

Get REKT...

/ Kubota New Pricing #100  
***** has claimed victory over inflation numerous times. Fact is, the CPI has INCREASED every month since JULY 2022!

We are 6.5% higher than this time LAST YEAR, which was 7.5%. So, in 12 months, 14%. Everything is just fine. Right?

There is so much pain coming.