KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #1  

YARRA VALLEY

Tractor
KUBOTA MX5100
Just wondering if anyone has purchased and used a new mini /small [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]KUBOTA[/AFFILIATE] Excavator in Australia and USA/Canada and how useful it might be and whether can use brush cutters on them also. How well do they compare with L3800 Tractor-operated Backhoes? PROS AND CONS ALL WELCOMED

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #2  
Check auxillary hydraulic flow,
Check lift capacity on end of stick
Check with a trusted source if it's capable of moving both stick and or drives and cutting simultaneously if you need it to.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #3  
I have a KX040 and I am considering a a brush cutter or mulcher.

Both are doable, but not a lot of capability to spare...especially with a mulcher.

jjeff identified the major cosiderations.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #4  
KX91 - I run a brush cutter to clean along the road and in our woods. It is not bad. You really can't move all around and have the mower going, but it is not a big deal. I move, lift the mower up, kick the mower on and swing in for the cut. More hyd. flow would be great, but it still works fine and does a good job.

Compared to the tractor backhoe - NOT EVEN close. It outperforms a tractor backhoe 10 to 1, maybe more. They are WAY quicker, more powerful, more comfortable, and can go places a tractor will never be able to transverse. The only advantage of the tractor unit is it can move around quicker.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #5  
My u35 runs a brush cutter just fine but moving while cutting takes more fluid flow so I do one or the other but not both. the u40 my son has will do both pretty well, much more machine.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #6  
Thank you for the post Ricn.

What make/model cutter are you using?

Yep, I'm going to be a bit limited on my KX-040.

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #7  
Also, ensure the 1- or 2-way selection valve is set to the correct position for your mower. It makes a difference in how well the mower works on your machine.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #8  
Thank you for the post Ricn.

What make/model cutter are you using?

Yep, I'm going to be a bit limited on my KX-040.
Mine is made by US mower Co. Expensive but well worth it. My son has the same unit. Your 40 will be fine, the hydrolic flow is what's important. US will explain it all.

/ KUBOTA MINI EXCAVATORS #9  
Model EX30?