Kubota M9540 brakes

/ Kubota M9540 brakes
The $4000 was for labor and parts. The only “guess” they had as to why they were worn so quickly is that it was driven on paved roads between hay fields??

/ Kubota M9540 brakes #22  
I do a lot of paved road driving myself (between fields) and at 22 mph, I'm rarely using the brakes anyway. I use the brakes more when round baling when the bale computer tells me to stop, it means right now or the net wrap will over wrap and make a mess.

/ Kubota M9540 brakes #23  
Ok, guess that is as good an excuse for rapid wear as any. Most of the farms tractors get many road miles on them between farms hauling hay, haylage and silage. Some of them are over 10,00 hours on original brakes. The old Ford 8000 has one side with a bad seal, you have to pump it one time then use it, we bought that tractor in 1968 who knows how many thousands of hours on on her.

/ Kubota M9540 brakes #24  
Something isn't 'Kosher' there Lou..... Thinking about it, I've never adjusted the free play on the mechanical brakes on either of my M9's.

/ Kubota M9540 brakes #25  
Sounds to me like you ran it with the brakes partially engaged. Kubota's use wet multi plate brakes. I have well in the excess of 6000 hours on one of mine and 4000 on the other and never a brake disc issue but then I installed LED warning lights and micro switches on mine so if I forget to release the brakes, the light warns me.

Never seen any Kubota without a brake lock or one that has a 'Park' feature.
The 9540 is as the OP described. No brake lock system. And the way it's designed it would be very awkward for the operator to "ride" the brakes and wear them out. Not sure what happened in this case.

/ Kubota M9540 brakes #26  
Like I said previously, you have been driving with the brakes partially engaged. Went and looked at your model tractor and it's just like mine with the above lever to engage the parking brake. (above picture).
Not sure what you looked at Daryl. No brake lock on mine.