Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #21  
You can. Just DON'T buy the L3995A kit, and get Brian at FitRite to fix you up with the quick couplers and mount on the roll bar (updated my post above to reflect that you get hoses from the TL9407A kit). Even better, specify flat faced couplers so you won't have hydraulic oil drooling all over the back of your tractor. Let me suggest you send Brian links to the two Kubota kits you need, along with the L3995 kit link you want him to replace. He'll probably be able to take it from there...
I bought the L3951 and the frame hangers to store it when I bought the tractor, no worries, great tip on the flat face, that's what I put on the front connections as well. Question, your thumb, does it use one of your rear remotes or is it separate and run by the foot pedal only?

Have you had any experiences after using your 62 for a period of time hearing a very high pitched wistle that comes from the foot pedal/brake area? I've been hearing it more and more lately, hope it's not my hydraulic pump like it was for someone else.. zoykes.. (mines not quite this loud or consistent).

Jen

Last edited:
   / Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations
The backhoe does use remotes on the rear of the tractor, but those remotes are in addition to the three pairs of remotes that came in the Kubota kit for the TnT.

I haven't noticed any whistle like that in the video, and the backhoe got a pretty good workout over several days when I was trenching last summer. But the hour meter has yet to break 600. Next time it does it, try using a screwdriver to locate the source of the noise. Touch the tip of the screwdriver to the part of the engine you want to test, and put the handle up to your ear. Even better if you have a stethoscope. That should narrow it down pretty quickly. Two hundred bux is pretty cheap for any part on a Kubota tractor, so it's not the end of the world if that is the problem. Good luck finding and fixing whatever it is...

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #23  
The backhoe does use remotes on the rear of the tractor, but those remotes are in addition to the three pairs of remotes that came in the Kubota kit for the TnT.

I haven't noticed any whistle like that in the video, and the backhoe got a pretty good workout over several days when I was trenching last summer. But the hour meter has yet to break 600. Next time it does it, try using a screwdriver to locate the source of the noise. Touch the tip of the screwdriver to the part of the engine you want to test, and put the handle up to your ear. Even better if you have a stethoscope. That should narrow it down pretty quickly. Two hundred bux is pretty cheap for any part on a Kubota tractor, so it's not the end of the world if that is the problem. Good luck finding and fixing whatever it is...
Thank you sir. ❤️

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #24  
Great thread on the M62 3 point hitch. Would any of you that use the M59/M62 mind posting some photos of your tractors while using the 3 point hitch? Or if there is a thread I missed, please link to it.
There aren't that many photos or videos of the M62 using rear implements aside from it's own backhoe.

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #25  
IMG_2789.jpeg
IMG_2749.jpeg
123_1.jpeg
IMG_1951.jpeg
IMG_0157.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
Both our B26 and M59 spend 80% of their time in 3pt mode. Top n tilt and remotes from Brian would be nice. Great for grade work but do have concerns about drift when mowing/bushhoging. Have gotten pretty adapt about changing from backhoe to 3pt but weight of M59 arms is near my limit. Not sure how much weight the tilt cylinder would add.

Do wonder if the backhoe connections could be used in 3pt mode to provide flow to a remote valve block? Like to control cylinders on a pto stump grinder or ditch bank mower? Said attachments often have their own mountable valves powered by a remote circuit.

Not sure about the whistle cause. Keep us posted.

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #26  
SmokeyDog, thanks for the great pictures! I doubt I'll ever mount my M59 3pt kit. Glad to have it as an option, but it is really heavy. Easier to just use the JD.
When we got the M59 it was one of the first ones sold and at that time the 3pt kit was included as a "factory bundle" along with several other extras.
We love our M59, maybe there will be a B26 join it some day. n

Jennifer, I missed your original noise video and see that it was posted back in May. Is the noise still there or did it get figured out?

To my old ears that noise sounds like a high pitched fast rattle caused by something hitting. It does NOT make the high pitched whistle I associate with a turbo, or the whine of a hydraulic pump. Hope that's right.

rScotty

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #27  
View attachment 841660View attachment 841661View attachment 841662View attachment 841663View attachment 841664View attachment 841665Both our B26 and M59 spend 80% of their time in 3pt mode. Top n tilt and remotes from Brian would be nice. Great for grade work but do have concerns about drift when mowing/bushhoging. Have gotten pretty adapt about changing from backhoe to 3pt but weight of M59 arms is near my limit. Not sure how much weight the tilt cylinder would add.

Do wonder if the backhoe connections could be used in 3pt mode to provide flow to a remote valve block? Like to control cylinders on a pto stump grinder or ditch bank mower? Said attachments often have their own mountable valves powered by a remote circuit.

Not sure about the whistle cause. Keep us posted.
Great photos! Especially the Brown Tree Cutter! It looks like a 5', hows the machine handle it? I just sold my 6' model, it was way too much for my little tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_9226.jpeg
    IMG_9226.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
   / Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #28  
Just at the minimum pto hp for the 5’ Brown cutter. HST and heavy built m59 helps manage its use. Been very handy clearing larger under growth around wooded perimeters and roads.
IMG_2764.jpeg

Black walnut stump compared size 13 shoe. Works much better on <6” trees with the M59. It’s like a drive over chainsaw, flush cut stump grinder and brush chipper except much faster.

IMG_2776.jpeg

Mowed off the now fallow pastures last year with the Brown cutter as a test. Takes about the same time and hp as a 6’ rotary cutter. Be interesting if topNtilt could improve cut?

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #29  
Be interesting if topNtilt could improve cut?

Not really. When I'm using a rotary cutter I set the tilt so the cutter is level with the tractor's rear axle so it follows the terrain as I drive. My rotary cutter's hitch allows the cutter to pivot up and down to follow dips and hills as I'm cutting. So the top cylinder position doesn't have any effect as long as it keep the mower's linkage from fully extending or bottoming.

/ Kubota M62 Three Point Hitch Install With Top'n'Tilt Tribulations #30  
I should have bought a Brown instead of the second Landpride flat back shredder. Still kick myself for that bad decision.