Kubota loader quick attach

/ Kubota loader quick attach #1  

Rayrla

Silver Member
Tractor
1994 Ford 1920, Kubota B26 TLB
Recently purchased a 2013 B26TLB which comes standard with the loader quick attach. Having trouble releasing the bucket to remove. Loader quick attach handles just won't move to up(Release) position. I am following instructions in the manual. Appears bucket may not have been removed in quite a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #2  
Maybe try and saturate the handle mechanisms with some WD-40, and get some leverage on those handles.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #3  
PB blaster and some heat

/ Kubota loader quick attach #4  
As others say lubricate those lower pins and maybe lift bucket to where you can knock them up from the bottom out of slot a bit till they will release but lubricate lubricate lubricate them. I use spray white lithium grease after they are loosened as I do the ball on my trailer hitch.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #5  
There also should be grease zerks on the pins.You may have to give them a little help by lifting the FEL and striking the bottom of the pin to free.Set bucket on a pallet to give enough room to drop the FEL.

/ Kubota loader quick attach
Thanks for all the responses. I will saturate the pins with PP Blaster and try pounding from below. If that doesnt work break out the heat. This is my first quick attach. I guess it was silly for me to think that the bucket would just pop off. There are grease zerks but no grease residue. All other loader zerks have some residue. Previous owner probably did not grease. Will grease well pins once bucket is removed. Thanks again.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #7  
tip you r bucket all the way back to relieve some of the pressure on the pins. Like was said grease the heck out of those pins

/ Kubota loader quick attach #8  
It also helps if you have the bucket curled back and stand in the bucket and kinda bounce up and down while you pull up in the lever, the bumping the pin works good if the bouncing doesn’t work. Once you get it off, grease the fittings with the latches open and closed a few times and it will make it easier to come off. I always wipe off the extra grease that makes a mess after I do the to keep dirt and hay getting in the pins to make it easier to come off the next time. I only had that problem with the bucket on, the hay spear came off fine before I put the bucket on, once I lubed the pins like I said, I haven’t had any more problems.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #9  
I guess it was silly for me to think that the bucket would just pop off. There are grease zerks but no grease residue. All other loader zerks have some residue. Previous owner probably did not grease. Will grease well pins once bucket is removed. Thanks again.

Not really. They do pop off & on pretty easily if properly maintained (greased). Making ure the pins & spots in the bucket are properly aligned when curled back is all that is needed to easily latch a SSQA.

Grease things before you try to remove the bucket. I'd only heat if living the zerks for the pins & spraying the other joints with penetrating lube really didnt work.

/ Kubota loader quick attach #10  
My left SSQA lever tends to seize at the spring-to-pawl hinge, always on the left side. The orange cover is slotted so you can lubricate this junction easily.

After soaking for eight hours, it will not hurt those big levers to tap on them a bit with a soft blow mallet. After soaking moderate shock may loosen seized parts.

I use Blaster to unfreeze rusted or dust clogged parts. I use spray Dry Lube for lubrication of the SSQA coupler.

Last edited: