Kubota, Leaky fitting, anyone familiar with this one?

/ Kubota, Leaky fitting, anyone familiar with this one? #11  
Good Job - that lip is only 1/16" if that to grip on - glad you were able to get it loose with a torx bit! The Kubota orings are usually black and you should not need a lot of torque to seal with a new oring/plug.

Keep us posted on progress and new plugs.

/ Kubota, Leaky fitting, anyone familiar with this one?
Good Job - that lip is only 1/16" if that to grip on - glad you were able to get it loose with a torx bit! The Kubota orings are usually black and you should not need a lot of torque to seal with a new oring/plug.

Keep us posted on progress and new plugs.
Thanks. I may have got it loose with the torx, but not out, as the torx broke almost immediately. After moving the hoses out of the way, could get a better grip with the long nose vise grips. Be a couple of days before I get the parts.

Odd someone would not have spend the 10 bucks or so for the Kubota part and opt to do a bodge job on it.

/ Kubota, Leaky fitting, anyone familiar with this one? #13  
Odd someone would not have spend the 10 bucks or so for the Kubota part and opt to do a bodge job on it.
If all it needs is an oring.....that can be had at a local hydraulic shop same day.....

It's odd to me that someone would spend $10 and still have to wait a few days

If all it needs is an oring.....that can be had at a local hydraulic shop same day.....

It's odd to me that someone would spend $10 and still have to wait a few days

Oh, I have a small stock of ORB type orings. I've gotten them from Summit and Discount when I've ordered other parts from them.

The cap/plug itself is now so buggered up I don't want to use it.

The hex (for an allan wrench) was rounded out by someone before me and is now filled with the remains of a torx I tried. The vise grip used to get it out pretty much uglified the circumference of the plug.

Given that, I would not feel confident of getting it ever on securely let alone every getting it off again. Also, there's gotta a be a reason it apparently blew out once before. I'm just hoping it is the plug itself and not the cylinder. I guess the factory oring could have failed initially and the "other guy" used one not rated for hydraulics.

I got the order in too late to ship yesterday, so ships today, maybe get it Friday or Saturday.

/ Kubota, Leaky fitting, anyone familiar with this one? #15  
Managed to get a torx in there after moving the cross over hoses away, but it broke immediately. Chinesium bit, hollow apparently. Odd.

Finally got it out with a long nose vise grip after much coaxing. The seal is definitely blown out and is not a black oring but kind of yellow green, almost like ac (freon) oring. Certainly not going to use that plug again, so, I'll just order up a couple plugs with seals. I hope. It's only money.
Sounds like you used a tamper proof torx bit.

Sounds like you used a tamper proof torx bit.
Yep. Only one I had that could fit in the hole. Still, not much force was applied.