Price Check Kubota L3560 Open Station

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #71  
Appreciate that. To be clear (mainly for any others that come visiting this thread in the future), the 2038R isn't directly comparable to the L3560.

2038R and L3560 both have the same/similar engine and PTO HP ratings, but the L3560 has a better hydraulic flow rate, physically larger and over 1k lb heavier. The L3560 is closer to a JD 4 series, but would be a small 4 series...something like a 4038, if that existed. From what I can tell, the 4044M is the smallest 4-series JD, which has about 300 lb on the L3560, and about 5 more HP, 3 more gpm flow rate on hydraulics, same 3pt lift capacity (~2500lb), 2in longer wheelbase (73 vs 71 of the L3560), and other differences.

Because looking at specs is kinda fun, the JD 2038R is more comparable to a Kubota L3901.

No disagreement.

I initially stumbled upon the 2038R when considering future replacements for my B3350.

Still waiting to see a new LX3310 in person, but the 2038R, which I have seen in person, looks very good to me, if, perhaps, a bit large.

SDT

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station
No disagreement.

I initially stumbled upon the 2038R when considering future replacements for my B3350.

Still waiting to see a new LX3310 in person, but the 2038R, which I have seen in person, looks very good to me, if, perhaps, a bit large.

SDT

LX series replacing the B50 series, right? B series is smaller than I need, I know that for sure. I guess I should had looked at the new stuff coming out before I pulled the trigger on my L3560. Little too late now, haha.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #74  
LX series replacing the B50 series, right? B series is smaller than I need, I know that for sure. I guess I should had looked at the new stuff coming out before I pulled the trigger on my L3560. Little too late now, haha.

Yes.

I have a preliminary brochure for the new LX series.

The tractors will likely arrive at dealers in early spring.

SDT

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #75  
It's more than just a "nicer layout". HST+ is the big selling point, as well as other options that are standard with the grand L. The extra 700 lbs and 2hp are nothing to scoff at either. Bigger loader, telescopic lower links, Auto Throttle Advance, H-DS, more legroom, better seat, tilt steering wheel, electric pto switch, nicer hst pedal, throttle up button...that's pretty much all the things that convinced me to spend the extra for the nicer machine. I just fit better on a L3560 than I did a L3901.
Agreed. I previously owned the l3200. A great tractor I might add, but no comparison to a Grand. Honestly i was never satisfied because I was used to my Dad's l3240 before my purchase. 5 years later I made the switch and I'm more than satisfied.... A couple things to add to your list that made my mind up on change. Live hydraulic PTO ,syncronized transmission options,wide flat floorboard,Grand cruise control, and overall resale are something else to consider. HST+, LA805 QA loader, and live PTO was the 3 things that made my mind up on the purchase. All the others were simply a bonus which I love. I'm not certain what the l3301 sells for price comparison, but if it indeed was an extra 2-3k more, it was 3k well spent.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #76  
Agreed. I previously owned the l3200. A great tractor I might add, but no comparison to a Grand. Honestly i was never satisfied because I was used to my Dad's l3240 before my purchase. 5 years later I made the switch and I'm more than satisfied.... A couple things to add to your list that made my mind up on change. Live hydraulic PTO ,syncronized transmission options,wide flat floorboard,Grand cruise control, and overall resale are something else to consider. HST+, LA805 QA loader, and live PTO was the 3 things that made my mind up on the purchase. All the others were simply a bonus which I love. I'm not certain what the l3301 sells for price comparison, but if it indeed was an extra 2-3k more, it was 3k well spent.

Because 95% of my tractor use is in the woods clearing thickets, brush and very small saplings my tractor speed is at a crawl, HST+ wouldn't be a benefit. As well I'm wearing forestry helmet with PPE so having the extra "luxuries" while dust and branches are flying around me wouldn't be worth it.
I bought my L3301 for $21,800.
But getting the Grand L with a cab would be nice just so I could enjoy the extra luxuries.
Kubota Standard L Series VS. Grand L Series - YouTube

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #77  
Because 95% of my tractor use is in the woods clearing thickets, brush and very small saplings my tractor speed is at a crawl, HST+ wouldn't be a benefit. As well I'm wearing forestry helmet with PPE so having the extra "luxuries" while dust and branches are flying around me wouldn't be worth it.
But getting the Grand L with a cab would be nice just so I could enjoy the extra luxuries.

That's the good thing about Kubota. They still offer both tractors for individual needs and price ranges.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station

Your use case is different than mine, so it seems you picked the machine that best fit you, and I picked the machine that best fit me. Thankfully Kubota doesn't use the mindset of "one size fits all".

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #79  
Your use case is different than mine, so it seems you picked the machine that best fit you, and I picked the machine that best fit me. Thankfully Kubota doesn't use the mindset of "one size fits all".

I'm really responding to jeff comment
Having owned a B3300SU, a predecessor to the L3301, and now having an L3560, believe me a Grand L is worth the additional money to almost all that buy them.

Concerning the open station version, I would say "some", not "all". I think the cab is where you start to enjoy the luxuries.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #80  
Enjoy your new tractor, congrats! My L3130 is just the right size for me, sometimes I wish it had more power, often wish I had a cab, but we bought within our budget and it is wonderful after getting beat up for years on Gravely rider. I thought the Gravely was wonderful compared to riding lawn mower, but the Kubota is so much nicer.. Even with the open station, I am up above things, not down in the middle of all of it.