Price Check Kubota L3560 Open Station

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #1  

tycoonbob

Tractor
Kubota L3560 Open Station, LA555 Loader
So I'm in the process of buying my first tractor. I have ~12 acres, mostly flat/open pasture in central KY. I've got lots of loader tasks on the property, but I also have a ~750' gravel drive to maintain, ~7 acres of pasture to maintain, will eventually get into livestock (few cattle, so moving around hay I suppose), and plan to deal with a ~2 acre food plot (thinking rototiller, or plow+harrow??).

Anyway, I was originally looking at a Kioti CK3510SE HST, but Kioti wouldn't finance me, which was quite odd. Went to the Kubota dealer down the road, and it was a much different experience. Talked, looked, and compared models they had (primarily looking at the L3901 and L4701 they had, since the L3560 HST falls in between those two in physical size), but I'm pretty set on the L3560. They don't have one, but they can get one for me in the next few days, so I was quoted $26,800+tax for a L3560 open station, LA555 loader with 66" SSQA bucket, fluid filled tires (windshield washer fluid he said??). I'm fairly certain it will do all the jobs/tasks I have for it, but is this a fair price? Should I reach out to other dealers further away (this one is only 20 minutes from me, next nearest is about 1.5 hours)?

This dealer did tell me that the Grand L's don't really see the rebates and things L01's and smaller see, so I don't think there is any room to negotiate here. The upside is the tractor is brand new, still in the crate at another dealer. They said they'd go get it and assemble it in the next few days if I wanted it, so I assume that's factored into the price as well?

Also, any thoughts on the L3560 compared to a Kioti CK3510SE? Similar power and features, but I think some of the little things on the L3560 are winning me over, like the power up button on the loader control. Just not sure yet if I will like the rocker peddle deal.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #2  
The one recommendation I would make, see if you can get the LA805 loader. This is a stronger loader and the L3560 will handle it.

The one feature that the 60 series has that I didn't realize that I would love so much is the HST+ transmission. That transmission is extremely useful and I'm a little surprised that Kubota doesn't put that on more of their tractors.

Resized_20190629_080756.jpeg
Resized_20190810_095327.jpg

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #3  
The HST/PLUS transmission and tractor weight are the two big selling points for the Kubota Grand Ls.

The rocker pedal on the Grand Ls is a big upgrade from the rocker pedal on the standard L tractors.
VIDEO: Proper use of a Hydrostatic pedal - TMT - YouTube

VIDEO: Kubota Standard L Series VS. Grand L Series - YouTube

Kubota HST Plus Transmission Features - YouTube

The one recommendation I would make, see if you can get the LA805 loader (1,290 pounds lift). This is a stronger loader and the L3560 will handle it.

LA555 Loader (900 pounds lift) is a little anemic for moving round bales of hay on the Loader.
To move round bales on the FEL you need 700 - 800 pounds counterbalance on the Three Point Hitch.

Alternately, you can readily move round bales using a bale spear or pallet forks on the Three Point Hitch.

Also consider the optional SSQA L2296 heavy-duty, round-back FEL bucket.
MORE: L2296 Kubota bucket site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1af.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1af.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 379
  • fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 444
  • fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 347
  • fullsizeoutput_188.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_188.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 396
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 331
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 317
  • DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 279
  • DSC00535.JPG
    DSC00535.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 275
  • DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 319
  • DSC00418.jpg
    DSC00418.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
   / Kubota L3560 Open Station #4  
Not intending to start a war here but, considering the models that you are considering, you might wish to look at the JD 2038R, if there is a decent JD dealer nearby.

I looked at one recently as a potential future replacement for my B3350, and was quite impressed.

You will likely find the JD a bit more expensive that either the Kubota or the Kioti. You will also likely be impressed by the features, both standard equipment and optional. It also makes about five more PTO HP than does the 3560.

SDT

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3560 Open Station #5  
Not intending to start a war here but, considering the models that you are considering, you might wish to look at the JD 2038R, if there is a decent JD dealer nearby and you do not need a mid PTO.

I looked at one recently as a potential future replacement for my B3350, and was quite impressed.

You will likely find the JD a bit more expensive that either the Kubota or the Kioti. You will also likely be impressed by the features, both standard equipment and optional. It also makes about five more PTO HP than does the 3560.

SDT

Not sure where you are getting the 5HP difference. The Kubota with HST is 28HP and the JD is 30HP PTO. They are both 37HP gross engines. Plus the Kubota is about 1,000lbs bigger than the JD.

TractorData.com John Deere 238R tractor information

TractorData.com Kubota L356 tractor information

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #6  
Just for curiosity sake, you might price the L4260, next HP size up from the 3560.

I think the 35 is on the edge of being underpowered.

I would also agree concerning looking at the larger loader if available.

Welcome to TBN!!!! Post pics if you make the purchase!!!

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station
The one recommendation I would make, see if you can get the LA805 loader. This is a stronger loader and the L3560 will handle it.

The one feature that the 60 series has that I didn't realize that I would love so much is the HST+ transmission. That transmission is extremely useful and I'm a little surprised that Kubota doesn't put that on more of their tractors.

I had considered this, but I wasn't sure if I'd need it or not. I take it you have the LA805 on your L3560 cab? I will talk with the dealer and see what he says. I'm already at the top of my budget looking at this 3560 open with the LA555. :(

The HST/PLUS transmission and tractor weight are the two big selling points for the Kubota Grand Ls.

The rocker pedal on the Grand Ls is a big upgrade from the rocker pedal on the standard L tractors.
VIDEO: Proper use of a Hydrostatic pedal - TMT - YouTube

VIDEO: Kubota Standard L Series VS. Grand L Series - YouTube

Kubota HST Plus Transmission Features - YouTube

LA555 Loader (900 pounds lift) is a little anemic for moving round bales of hay on the Loader.
To move round bales on the FEL you need 700 - 800 pounds counterbalance on the Three Point Hitch.

Alternately, you can readily move round bales using a bale spear or pallet forks on the Three Point Hitch.

Also consider the optional SSQA L2296 heavy-duty, round-back FEL bucket.
MORE: L2296 Kubota bucket site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Yeah, I've heard/read a lot of good things about that HST+ transmission, and that's one of the reasons I gravitated to the L3560 over the L3901. Other reasons are the loader stick position, tilt steering wheel, and seat arm rests. Mostly comfort things. :)
I did not realize the Grand L had a different pedal over the L01...I would have assumed they were the same. I've seen both those videos before, but I don't recall seeing multiple styles of Kubota pedals. But, I did just find this video where Neil is comparing treadle to twin (of a JD), and he shows the pedal on a Grand L cab. Is that pedal standard on Grand L, or is that second pedal layout an option? I sure hope so, lol.

So you also recommend upgrading to the LA805 over the LA555? As speced with the LA555, I'm getting the 66" L2256 bucket. It looks like I have to step up to the LA805 to get the L2296 72" bucket. I see there is a bucket spade attachment, which looks pretty handy...Hmmm. Going off list prices, a LA555+L2256 is $4435, while the LA805+L2296 is $5629, a ~$1200 increase. Also, I see the L4060 has a slightly higher hydraulic flow rate compared to the L3560 (9.4 vs 8.1 for the implement pump) and looking at the loader specs, the rated flow of the LA555 is 8.3, while the LA805 is 9.8. Unless I'm understanding these numbers wrong, I feel the LA805 is too big of a loader for the L3560, no?

Not intending to start a war here but, considering the models that you are considering, you might wish to look at the JD 2038R, if there is a decent JD dealer nearby and you do not need a mid PTO.

SDT

Did some spec comparison, and these two machine seem to be in different classes. JD is 1k lb lighter, less hydraulic flow, same gross HP, slightly more pto hp, half the 3pt lift capacity, and just smaller. And more expensive? Yeah, no thanks.

Just for curiosity sake, you might price the L4260, next HP size up from the 3560.

I would also agree concerning looking at the larger loader if available.

Welcome to TBN!!!! Post pics if you make the purchase!!!

I had the dealer price me the L4060, which is actually the next size up. ~$2k more expensive for 3.3 more pto hp. Flail mower and rototiller would be really the only implements I'd run off the rear pto, and I don't think I'd notice the increase of power...or at least that was the conclusion I came to. I have no brush to mow, just grass. Food plot, I'm talking 2 acres tops that I'd use a roto tiller for. I just couldn't justify the cost increase for the 4060, but I'd be happy if you could talk me into it, haha.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #8  
I totally understand budget. I wouldn't want to talk anyone into anything they didn't need. :)

To check the dealer's price, go to the Kubota website and "build" the tractor with identical equipment. The price will be retail. You should see at least 12% off that. 15% would be better.

/ Kubota L3560 Open Station #9  

Here is an owner's perspective:

I have an open station L3560/HST+ and LA805 Loader with air inflated R4/industrial tires. This combination powers a 1,006 pound, heavy-duty Rotary Cutter through Florida jungle easily, which addresses PTO power. I have never felt the need for additional power in ground engagement tasks since January 2013 when I took delivery. Keep in mind the HST+ has three half-step HST ranges making very efficient power transfer to ground, which is why I have air inflated R4/industrial tires.

A cab adds about 700 pounds, cab weight mostly distributed over the rear axle. Some order a cab model, then load the tires, which is redundant. Then, when they operate on hills, they may wish for more power in some circumstances.

A cab L3560 is amply powerful. An open station L3560 with loaded tires is amply powerful.

A CAB L3560 with loaded tires, operating on hillsides may be underpowered in some circumstances.
L3560 = 3,500 pounds, bare tractor + 1,200 FEL + 700 cab + 800 loaded tires = 6,200 pounds without an implement.
L3560 = 3,500 pounds, bare tractor + Options = 2,700 pounds without an implement.

Customers do this to themselves. The better solution is a heavier bare weight tractor which in Kubota's line up will have more powerful engine options.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3560 Open Station #10  
Here is an owner's perspective:

I have an open station L3560/HST+ with air inflated tires. It powers a 1,006 pound, heavy-duty Rotary Cutter through Florida jungle easily, which addresses PTO power. I have never felt the need for additional power in ground engagement tasks since January 2013 when I took delivery.

A cab adds about 700 pounds. Some order a cab model, then load the tires. Then, when they operate on hills, they may wish for more power in some circumstances. A cab L3560 is fine. An open station L3560 with loaded tires is fine. A cab L3560 with loaded tires, operating on hillsides may be underpowered in some circumstances. But people do this to themselves, when the better option is a heavier bare weight tractor.

Well stated.