Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results
Thanks. And what about the diagnostic gauges. What about those? Where do you find them?
Or did you make them up yourself?

On one guage set up I made recently I used a K type thermocouple from a hobbyist who sells on Ebay. Good thermocouple .... I think... but my system was slow to react. The problem might be that I mounted the sensor into a machined & threaded hole in a copper peice of 1/2" copper rod 2 inches long. I did not use any thermally conductive grease or such....mainly because I didn't know what type of grease could withstand the 1200 to 2000 F. temperatures. That left me with just the copper and a .025 " air gap around the K type sensor. My suspicion is that the copper itself - a rod about half the length of one finger - had too much mass to react quickly.

rScotty

I purchased my diagnostic EGT gauge/probe from these guys;

I purchased my diagnostic boost/vacuum gauge off the Snap-On truck years and years ago.
Its not Snap-On brand though...

Yeah, you need to make sure that the gauges and probes work with each other. Sometimes if the components are not designed to work with each other, they will not read accurate results.

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results
Here's a pic of the L2501 Turbocharger with down-pipe and exhaust and the intake pipe and charge pipe;
S2TPipes.jpg

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #123  
Isn't that just beautiful.

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #124  
Maybe too subtle. How about dual vertical stack exhaust pipes like a semi truck….

Here are some unposted pictures of the L2501 Turbo assembly;

Turboassy5.jpg

Turboassy1.jpg

Turboassy6.jpg

Turboassy7.jpg

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #127  
I wish I could send my Kioti out your way; you need one to mess around with anyhow. 😄

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #128  
Nice work!

Can't quite check the numbers on the turbo but that looks just like the ones used on a lot of vehicles here in Europe with engines anywhere from 1.5L to 2.0L.

I wish I could send my Kioti out your way; you need one to mess around with anyhow. 😄

In time. We just need to borrow a CK2610 for a month and we can get a complete Turbo Kit fabricated for it. It'll happen.

Mike

Nice work!

Can't quite check the numbers on the turbo but that looks just like the ones used on a lot of vehicles here in Europe with engines anywhere from 1.5L to 2.0L.

We’re using the OEM Kubota #1A024-17016 (Mitsubishi MHI TD025L-03C). And, yes, this MHI TD025 is used on a bunch of tractors and automotive applications.

Mike