Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #501  
Does it get hotter than you think would expect?

/ Kubota F series #502  
Hey guys, just gonna toss this out here, my 2011 F2680 with 72” RD deck has a quick intermittent vibrating rattle sound coming from the right blade spindle, precisely every 11 seconds at full throttle. Can’t see anything wrong with it. I’m stumped.
Try it with the blade off. I wonder if it's hitting the blade next to it.

/ Kubota F series #503  
Hey guys, just gonna toss this out here, my 2011 F2680 with 72” RD deck has a quick intermittent vibrating rattle sound coming from the right blade spindle, precisely every 11 seconds at full throttle. Can’t see anything wrong with it. I’m stumped.
I can't remember the exact design of the spindle bearings but I suspect one of the bearings has a damaged roller or ball that is creating the issue when it rotates to the point that the damaged spot is in contact with the spindle shaft allowing excessive shaft clearance.

Rodger

/ Kubota F series #504  
Is the F3990 still in production ?

A dealer here in Georgia said the F3710 has taken its place.

/ Kubota F series #505  
Last year I bought a set of Oregon blades. The middle blade would contact the left blade, I have no idea why. I ground the tip off all three of the blades until the blades would not contact. I tried it a few times before the blades were finally short enough to not make contact. During the first couple of times trying the clearance, that is exactly what the blades would do. They would run without contacting for several seconds, then they would begin kissing each other for several revolutions, then stop again.

All good now though.

Doug

/ Kubota F series #506  
I had exactly the same thing & noise happen in RC72R-F30 deck couple of years or so ago, with Oregon Gator blades.

Not a big deal to grind off little bit at ends of left side blade.

/ Kubota F series #507  
I can't remember the exact design of the spindle bearings but I suspect one of the bearings has a damaged roller or ball that is creating the issue when it rotates to the point that the damaged spot is in contact with the spindle shaft allowing excessive shaft clearance.

Rodger

It’s bizarre with the 11 second intervals, I’d think if if it was a bearing it’d be constant. It’s worth a look tho.

/ Kubota F series #508  

I’ll give it a try to see if the noise goes away, the blades aren’t contacting each other, or the deck when I manually rotate them.

/ Kubota F series #509  

Rodger
I thought that might be it also. There was a little bit of play in the spindles, so I rebuilt the center and the left ones, The right one had negligible play. It made no difference. They still interfered in the weird intermittent way. The only thing I can think is that the center and left one are a tiny bit closer to each other than the right one?

Finally, as Arto did, I just ground them down, though I did all three so I would not have to think about which ones go where after sharpening.

Doug