Kubota Backhoe Question

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #21  
My BX23 is very popular in the neighborhood. I'm on my way down to finish digging 300' of new leach lines for the neighbor. They are excellent little backhoes but if you get into something tough that hoe will drag the tractor all over the place while not digging.I think the machine has plenty of power for a small tractor, but there isn't enough weight to get the power to the ground. That is a nice rig you have there.
Oh, and when you learn the new control pattern you can tell people you are bi-lingual.

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #22  
If it were my machine & I was to be the only or at least main operator, I'd convert the machine to what I wanted (assuming the relief plumbing was compatible).

You can translate back & forth, but on something like that you are fighting muscle memory every time you switch. I have minor issues going between my HST tredal & a JD double pedal HST. Not a big deal, but takes minor re-training your muscle memory. I could get as proficient on the JD as my Kubota, but not with the few hours a year I put on the JD or switching back & forth.

I've used a couple backhoes & miniexes, but not enough to generate the muscle memory or preference for one pattern over another. Id probably go for ISO over SAE as its more common. Although that's another one of those things where the US is different than the rest of the world (SAE is uncommon outside of the US).

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #23  
My BX23 is very popular in the neighborhood. I'm on my way down to finish digging 300' of new leach lines for the neighbor. They are excellent little backhoes but if you get into something tough that hoe will drag the tractor all over the place while not digging.I think the machine has plenty of power for a small tractor, but there isn't enough weight to get the power to the ground. That is a nice rig you have there.
Oh, and when you learn the new control pattern you can tell people you are bi-lingual.

You’re putting in 300 foot of leech field with a BX? Aren’t they supposed to be 36” wide in your area?

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #24  
I switched the lines on my BX23S and is so much easier to operate. I'm looking for SAE decals to replace the ISO control decals. Anyone find some that fit over the stock ones and will stay put?

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #25  
You’re putting in 300 foot of leech field with a BX? Aren’t they supposed to be 36” wide in your area?

Very small machine = lotsa bucket moves ????

/ Kubota Backhoe Question #26  
   / Kubota Backhoe Question
I haven't looked at it yet, but not going to do anything until spring. My dealer owner/salesman told me they have switched a couple in the past but he said it a real in the butt.

I tried it out with some ditching on one of my bush roads. I can manage, just not always smooth and flowing because sometimes my brain goes back to Cat controls, LOL

Got my son to start practicing too. Easier for him to get used to because he has never run one before.

Attachments

• 20201204_154839.jpg
    20201204_154839.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201204_154811.jpg
    20201204_154811.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 62
   / Kubota Backhoe Question #28  
Looks like your son has a new toy..........:thumbsup:

/ Kubota Backhoe Question
Looks like your son has a new toy..........:thumbsup:

That's what I told him......get good on a backhoe or shovel and you will never be without a job no matter what trade you choose to do full time.

Fun's over for now though. We took the backhoe off yesterday and put the 3 point arms and snow blower back on. Didn't wanna get caught with my pants down when we wake up to a white driveway, LOL
Backhoe is very easy to go on and off. The most time consuming thing is taking the 3 point arms on and off.