kubota b5320 ballast box

/ kubota b5320 ballast box #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
I have a 2018 Kubota BX23S. This afternoon I saw a sales ad for the kubota b5320 ballast box - it is a few hours away, but picking it up could be done when my wife is in that area in a few weeks. It is used, asking $300 Cdn. I have never priced one of those boxes out, and the Dealership an hour away was already closed. I could not find pricing via google searches, so I thought I'd post here before committing to it. I think that it would be useful on the property. Seller has provided photos and measurements.
I have a few questions for the forum...
1) will it fit on the BX23S ? or are modifications required. I have a rear Quick Attach as an option for easier off / on
2) is it as useful an attachment as I think it will be ?
3) is the price good or at least reasonable ?
4) any idea what the Canadian retail price would be at a Kubota dealership, for a new ballast box.

Thank you for any perspective or advice.

CK

/ kubota b5320 ballast box #2  
Photo 4 shows a cross brace under the top link pin, prevents using QH without modding it

useful? I say yes, using it when backhoe off? Others prefer to use a box blade since it has other uses.

Using titan ballast box myself. Last time I was on their website they had a 3pt box and a QH compatible box. Had to mod mine photos here

Last edited:
   / kubota b5320 ballast box
Thank You I7win7, that is useful information.

I guess $300 Cdn for this item is a good deal as the used one shown was $500 USD

I will be looking for one of those AGRITEK QHs now also - not really happy with the current one that I have.

either way, I may need to modify a bit. cheers