Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #41  
I decided to get a new 2018 Cub Cadet, yes! Cub Cadet lol 750 Challenger EPS which comes loaded with accessories that you would not find on any other big brand UTV. Look at the new Challengers and you will be amazed with them, They are not diesels but can do just as much work.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...
I bought a Mechron 2200 PS. Huge disappointment. It's currently back in the dealer maintenance shops, after being in the shop for weeks before this. I really like the Kioti tractors, but our Mechron is not a reliable machine. I'm glad others have enjoyed their Mechron, ours is a problem plagued machine.

Just saw your post. Interested in exactly what issues you've experienced with your Mechron. Could you please detail them for me and others who could use this data for our own understanding of the machines?

Thanks,

CM
P.S. You can PM me if you don't want to post on TBN about it...

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #43  
I looked at tha mechron and test drove one, but it was to noisy for my needs. I ended up with a kawasaki mule. Extremely quiet and a great machine. I added the hydraulic dumo bed for the wife.
Kawasaki mule pro is best in class right now. Hard to see why one would buy an off brand utv

Kawasaki mule pro is best in class right now. Hard to see why one would buy an off brand utv

Since this is your first post, welcome to TBN.
Now, this thread is about Kioti Mechrons and whether or not to buy, one. They're NOT off brand UTVs as you posed, and regardless of whether Kawa mule is this year's pick by some magazine really has nothing to do with the topic of my thread.
What does have to do with this thread, and the particular UTV being discussed, is it's being a diesel, and a work horse, among other aspects of it's class of UTVs.

Brand bashing is not something appreciated on TBN, FYI, so consider what you say prior to throwing it out there.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #45  
Since this is your first post, welcome to TBN.
Now, this thread is about Kioti Mechrons and whether or not to buy, one. They're NOT off brand UTVs as you posed, and regardless of whether Kawa mule is this year's pick by some magazine really has nothing to do with the topic of my thread.
What does have to do with this thread, and the particular UTV being discussed, is it's being a diesel, and a work horse, among other aspects of it's class of UTVs.

Brand bashing is not something appreciated on TBN, FYI, so consider what you say prior to throwing it out there.

Thanks for the welcome. I know you are trying to rationalize having bought this product. No one is bashing your brand, Kioti makes a decent tractor. But in the UTV segment, this Kioti product is absolutely an off brand and not considered a major player in the UTV segment. I expect their market share in the UTV segment is a tiny fraction of that of the major players such as Polaris, Kubota, Kawasaki, JD, and the sport/ute models of Honda, Yamaha, Can Am etc. You never see any of the UTV reviews compare this Kioti model to anything. Your post indicated this Kioti UTV was really high priced, so I don't see why someone would buy an off brand unless it was really much cheaper. The resale of these off brands is also not high, whether tractors or UTV's. A Kubota RTV is probably a much better choice for the type of use you have, and has no belt, but you already know that.

Thanks for the welcome. I know you are trying to rationalize having bought this product. No one is bashing your brand, Kioti makes a decent tractor. But in the UTV segment, this Kioti product is absolutely an off brand and not considered a major player in the UTV segment. I expect their market share in the UTV segment is a tiny fraction of that of the major players such as Polaris, Kubota, Kawasaki, JD, and the sport/ute models of Honda, Yamaha, Can Am etc. You never see any of the UTV reviews compare this Kioti model to anything. Your post indicated this Kioti UTV was really high priced, so I don't see why someone would buy an off brand unless it was really much cheaper. The resale of these off brands is also not high, whether tractors or UTV's. A Kubota RTV is probably a much better choice for the type of use you have, and has no belt, but you already know that.

I'm not rationalizing anything. My wife bought the Mechron for me as a present, and I could have chosen ANY brand I wanted then or now. You seem heii bent on 'rating' my UTV with NO substance of any kind, no reviews of same, or anything but your personal opinion.

Wrong on the reviews angle, I've read them during my research time, and they do in fact exist. One of many, easily available via Google search: Review: Kioti Mechron 22

I certainly don't recall saying the Mechron was 'really high priced', or anything similar to that. Your use of the ambiguious term 'off brand' over and over again is of no value to anyone, IMO. It's clear your bent is toward Kubota's brand of UTV.

You can't grasp why one would buy a machine that suits their needs and uses at a particular price point, and seem to want to profess unsubstantiated knowledge of resale values of tractors and UTVs.
Try in future to cite facts instead of supposition, it's way more credible.

A belt drive is actually a very effective method of transmitting power in a ATV or UTV, as well as in the car market. Ask Honda CRV owners, oh, yeah, my wife's car is one.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #47  
So how is that kioti working out I'm looking at a used 2016 now