Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #31  
Have you tried to snow plow with the mule. I am sure it weighs more than my KFV and I had no problem pushing snow to a certain height of course. The Mechron is a very heavy machine at 1861 lbs and 12 inch ground clearance compared to my KFV at 600 lbs and 5.5 inch clearance.
So I think it will be ok if not then I will get a track for it.
Gilles
ive used the plow in the horse barn. it worked ok, but the mule is a light piece of equipment. i wasnt too impressed with it. the tilt is manual with pins. im too spoiled using the tractor and hydraulic tilt.

i am usually already running my blower or plow on my dk45, so the plow on the mule was kind of redundant.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #32  
I ain't planning on plowing at 25 mph lol. I have watched a video of a Mechron with tracks and it sure moved faster than 15 mph. We have a member here who has a Mechron with tracks I will PM him and ask.
Thanks
Gilles
Not sure about the track system for the Mechron.
But many/most of the UTV track systems the track drive sprocket is much smaller than the tires, so the top speed of the machines is reduced by as much as 50% from what I have read.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #33  
ive used the plow in the horse barn. it worked ok, but the mule is a light piece of equipment. i wasnt too impressed with it. the tilt is manual with pins. im too spoiled using the tractor and hydraulic tilt.

i am usually already running my blower or plow on my dk45, so the plow on the mule was kind of redundant.

Thanks for your input. The Mechron will have winch controlled for lift and hydraulic for angling the plow.I know I was also spoiled with my CK with front blower and hydraulic shute operation but the cab which is a soft one is very loud and cold. The Mechron will have a real cab with heater so that will please me more in the long run.
Thanks

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #34  
Thanks for your input. The Mechron will have winch controlled for lift and hydraulic for angling the plow.I know I was also spoiled with my CK with front blower and hydraulic shute operation but the cab which is a soft one is very loud and cold. The Mechron will have a real cab with heater so that will please me more in the long run.
Thanks
how much snow do you get? we have a typical season of 70-120" of snowfall per season. there is no way any utv can keep up with that much snow. even my tractor mounted plow runs out of places to push the snow.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...
Thanks

$26K for a Mechron seems ridiculous to me, especially if it's a left over unit, as I seem to recall? That equates to $20,137 US. As a comparison I paid somewhere near$12K for mine, with/out cab or any of the items you want, and I think it had a list around $14 last Spring, prior year's model, no real mileage on clock. Given to me by my wife as a present- she even gets to drive it too!:shocked:
And what your trade-in is covering seems low, but I can't say for sure, not knowing if you bought the soft cab in the deal or not. So you're giving up $3K on your trade in, and having to pony up another $5K for the Mechron, if I'm understanding the deal? What is he pricing the add ons at for the Mechron?

Seems you're heii bent on doing the deal. I can see the appeal of heated cab, but I don't know if the Mechron is going to deliver what you hope it will for plowing- but you'll find out in short order. Know anyone who is using one to get what you seek from it? That would be what I'd want to know.

Also, did you receive/read my PM to you? Either way, could you reply to it?

Last edited:
   / Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #36  
$26K for a Mechron seems ridiculous to me, especially if it's a left over unit, as I seem to recall? That equates to $20,137 US. As a comparison I paid somewhere near$12K for mine, with/out cab or any of the items you want, and I think it had a list around $14 last Spring, prior year's model, no real mileage on clock. Given to me by my wife as a present- she even gets to drive it too!:shocked:
And what your trade-in is covering seems low, but I can't say for sure, not knowing if you bought the soft cab in the deal or not. So you're giving up $3K on your trade in, and having to pony up another $5K for the Mechron, if I'm understanding the deal? What is he pricing the add ons at for the Mechron?

Seems you're heii bent on doing the deal. I can see the appeal of heated cab, but I don't know if the Mechron is going to deliver what you hope it will for plowing- but you'll find out in short order. Know anyone who is using one to get what you seek from it? That would be what I'd want to know.

Also, did you receive/read my PM to you? Either way, could you reply to it?

Have you checked your PM cause I did reply to you.
We cannot compare prices with you Americans cause everything seems cheaper in the U.S. Your 14000.00 is 18,000 CAD.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...
Have you checked your PM cause I did reply to you.
We cannot compare prices with you Americans cause everything seems cheaper in the U.S. Your 14000.00 is 18,000 CAD.

I did find your reply, TBN didn't notify me?! Still need the Mechron reviews you mentioned at start of your posts...
Yeah, we way cheaper. Guess you'll have to move South 'o 'd border....

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #38  
I did find your reply, TBN didn't notify me?! Still need the Mechron reviews you mentioned at start of your posts...
Yeah, we way cheaper. Guess you'll have to move South 'o 'd border....

One of the reason why we are more expensive is that most products come from the States and our dollar is worth .73 to your 1.00 which adds up to quite a lot.

Most of the reviews and videos that I watched or read where from sites on the internet like atv.com , grainnews.ca etc etc and YouTube.
Gilles

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #39  
I want to thank all Mechron owners for your output but I will not bite the bullet on the Mechron. Too many cons against it for me to consider buying one. I have been looking at a Yamaha 700 Viking which seems more like the machine I would want. Mechron would be too sluggish, noisy, smokey and the smell of diesel are the factors that turn me off about this machine. I know it is a workhorse for around the farm but for me I just basically want something for plowing snow and hitting the trails. Again thanks you.
Gilles

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #40  
I want to thank all Mechron owners for your output but I will not bite the bullet on the Mechron. Too many cons against it for me to consider buying one. I have been looking at a Yamaha 700 Viking which seems more like the machine I would want. Mechron would be too sluggish, noisy, smokey and the smell of diesel are the factors that turn me off about this machine. I know it is a workhorse for around the farm but for me I just basically want something for plowing snow and hitting the trails. Again thanks you.
Gilles

I bought a Mechron 2200 PS. Huge disappointment. It's currently back in the dealer maintenance shops, after being in the shop for weeks before this. I really like the Kioti tractors, but our Mechron is not a reliable machine. I'm glad others have enjoyed their Mechron, ours is a problem plagued machine.