Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...
I looked at tha mechron and test drove one, but it was to noisy for my needs. I ended up with a kawasaki mule. Extremely quiet and a great machine. I added the hydraulic dumo bed for the wife.

Stealth diesel?! Is the sound factor the only difference that swayed your choice away from the Kioti?
Just curious- if you might have chosen Kioti otherwise because of your DK series reliability, etc.

Thanks,

CM

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #22  
Stealth diesel?! Is the sound factor the only difference that swayed your choice away from the Kioti?
Just curious- if you might have chosen Kioti otherwise because of your DK series reliability, etc.

Thanks,

CM

the noise was the only factor. i love my Kioti tractor, and its been a very reliable machine. The UTV was mainly going to be used by the wife. she truly hated both the kubota and the kioti UTVs.....way too noisy. I ended up buying a used but very very clean kawasaki mule and added the hydraulic dump bed. unit has run flawlessly, and its so quiet its amazing. only time you can really hear it running is at startup. then it idles WAY down. its actually quieter than my old gas clubcar golf cart. I run it all winter now for 2 seasons, and when its in 4x4 mode and locked differential, ive never had it stuck in snow yet. works great on icy roads also, but i live on mostly flat land. no need for any chains.

i really wanted the mechron myself, but its easier to appease the wife. she could be noisier than the diesel :laughing::cool2:

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #23  
the noise was the only factor. i love my Kioti tractor, and its been a very reliable machine. The UTV was mainly going to be used by the wife. she truly hated both the kubota and the kioti UTVs.....way too noisy. I ended up buying a used but very very clean kawasaki mule and added the hydraulic dump bed. unit has run flawlessly, and its so quiet its amazing. only time you can really hear it running is at startup. then it idles WAY down. its actually quieter than my old gas clubcar golf cart. I run it all winter now for 2 seasons, and when its in 4x4 mode and locked differential, ive never had it stuck in snow yet. works great on icy roads also, but i live on mostly flat land. no need for any chains.

i really wanted the mechron myself, but its easier to appease the wife. she could be noisier than the diesel :laughing::cool2:

Which Mule did you get? I was considering a Kawasaki cause my old ATV 2004 Kawasaki 700 KVF still runs and looks like a new one and has been a great machine. I only had to replace the original drive belt this Fall while doing a maintenance on it. So I may look into a mule but not sure till I get a full price on the Mechron 200 PS/ field cab/ snow plow.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #24  
Which Mule did you get? I was considering a Kawasaki cause my old ATV 2004 Kawasaki 700 KVF still runs and looks like a new one and has been a great machine. I only had to replace the original drive belt this Fall while doing a maintenance on it. So I may look into a mule but not sure till I get a full price on the Mechron 200 PS/ field cab/ snow plow.
i got the Kawasaki 4010 with cover, windshield and plow kit. i dont really use the plow because i use my tractors unit. i would have to load down the bed with weight to use the snow plow.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #25  
Bump this thread ahead abit. I have been in the process of getting prices for a new Kioti Mechron 2200 PS with Field cab/heat, Hydraulic dump, Winch, hydraulic angulation attachment and snow plow. I am also thinking of getting the track system for it too. Not sure till I get a price on the track/installation. So far the price of the Mechron is 26,000.00 and if I trade my 2013 CK30 HST with front loader blower, back scraper blade and soft cab I have to come up with 5000.00 + tax. I paid 24,000 for the CK with the attachments so I think 21,000 trade in is a deal.
What do you guys think.
Thanks
Gilles

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #26  
I would keep the tractor/snowblower/and blade, it is a much better at snow removal than a side by side. I would put the $5,000 towards a side by side, unless you can not have both. I also have a Kawasaki Mule and love it.

$26,000 for the Mechron sounds really high to me, but you are in Canada!

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #27  
Yes, I am in Canada and everything is more expensive here than in the U.S.A. I have looked at prices in the States and when you convert the money difference works out to about the same. I was doing my snow removal with my Kawasaki KFV 700 ATV since 2004 till 2013 when I bought the tractor. The Mechron will have HEAT which will be better for me and don't have to screw around taking the snowblower and quick attach off every year. Hard job for an old man lol.
I will miss the tractor but need something for light work around the property and can hit the trails too.
will see next year how it works in the snow and if I have to get a track for it then I will.
Gilles

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #28  
The biggest down side (besides cost) of tracks is they cut top speed nearly in half from what I have read.
Your top speed with tracks on the Mechron could be 10-15 MPH.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #29  
i got the Kawasaki 4010 with cover, windshield and plow kit. i dont really use the plow because i use my tractors unit. i would have to load down the bed with weight to use the snow plow.

Have you tried to snow plow with the mule. I am sure it weighs more than my KFV and I had no problem pushing snow to a certain height of course. The Mechron is a very heavy machine at 1861 lbs and 12 inch ground clearance compared to my KFV at 600 lbs and 5.5 inch clearance.
So I think it will be ok if not then I will get a track for it.
Gilles

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #30  
The biggest down side (besides cost) of tracks is they cut top speed nearly in half from what I have read.
Your top speed with tracks on the Mechron could be 10-15 MPH.

I ain't planning on plowing at 25 mph lol. I have watched a video of a Mechron with tracks and it sure moved faster than 15 mph. We have a member here who has a Mechron with tracks I will PM him and ask.
Thanks
Gilles