Kioti CK2610 TLB

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #11  
I have a shuttle shift and never have that problem !!

Whenever I use someone else's machine with shuttle or gear to work on a pile of dirt or gravel, I really notice the difference. With HST, I can nose in and out of a pile with one hand on the wheel and the other on the loader valve, no interruptions. With the others, I have to remove a hand from somewhere to change direction. Do that a few dozen/hundred times a day and it feels frustrating. I'll never go without HST for loader work on my own tractors!

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #12  
Personally I like the shuttle.
A hydraulic reverser/power reverser would be nice though.

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB
Just got the phone call, will be here soon.

I hope the Industrial tires do ok in he snow, it is snowing now. Nothing like having delivered in the snow....

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #14  
Personally I like the shuttle.
A hydraulic reverser/power reverser would be nice though.

How do you run steering, loader/3PTH, and shuttle all at once? Do you just kinda juggle the wheel and shuttle with one hand?

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #15  
Just got the phone call, will be here soon.

I hope the Industrial tires do ok in he snow, it is snowing now. Nothing like having delivered in the snow....

Industrials are nothing to write home about in the snow. If you have flat ground they are not too bad. if you have icy hills.. They suck. I have them. and prefer Industrials overall, as I do mostly loader work. They are the most rugged, but are a compromise on traction. I run chains, but a lot of guys have had pretty good luck grooving the Industrials. You can read about it here.

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #16  
How do you run steering, loader/3PTH, and shuttle all at once? Do you just kinda juggle the wheel and shuttle with one hand?
The only time you need to take your hand off the wheel for the shuttle is for the 1 second it takes to forward/reverse.
If you are at or near a dead stop to forward/reverse where are you trying to steer to when not moving ?

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #17  
The only time you need to take your hand off the wheel for the shuttle is for the 1 second it takes to forward/reverse.
If you are at or near a dead stop to forward/reverse where are you trying to steer to when not moving ?

Very true, now that I think about it. Probably a mind thing with taking one's hand off the wheel. The only shuttle I've run is my neighbor's JD (actually power shuttle), and I was very new so always brought it to a full stop and used clutch while shifting. Using it to push the dead H in the dark and cold was my first experience on a modern tractor, and the one that lead to the Kioti. I got off the 4510, looked at the nonfunctional H, the unplowed driveway, thought about power steering, 4WD, and the loader, and decided on the spot that a modern CUT was in the near future.

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #18  
Congrats on the new ride! That sounds like a heck of a price too! That's what I paid for my CK2510HST TLB last year. What was the difference in price to get the HST?

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB
Congrats on the new ride! That sounds like a heck of a price too! That's what I paid for my CK2510HST TLB last year. What was the difference in price to get the HST?

Price difference was $1400! More than I was willing to pay, now if it was $700 I MIGHT of had it. But on the Kioti the HST pedals are in a weird spot and I didn't like it.

I will post some pictures tomorrow once I figure out how to do it and take some in the daylight.

Got it with 1.1 hours on it and now has 2.6, I played a little and started on a Hemlock stump I need out of the way. It does good on anything smaller than my wrist, but the larger roots will need to be cut with a saw of sawzaw. Either way, way better than digging out by hand or paying for someone to remove them, I can't afford that now (Darn tractor payment now)...:smiley_aafz:

On the loader I looked in the specs book, it is a little lighter than I was thinking but still stronger than anything that I looked at, 1252lbs at pins. But we all know specs are actually a bit light so I feel it will actually do a bit more, but will have to keep BH on or get some ballast box made.

All and all I am a happy new owner so far.

I do have one question, I smelled hydraulic fluid? Is this normal once it warms up, I looked at what I could in the dark with flash light and didn't see anything off. But I was also working in snow and there was water spots everywhere.

/ Kioti CK2610 TLB #20  
Congrats on the new tractor, can't wait to see some pics! I am also a fairly new tractor owner, got my ck2510 back in November, and I have also had that hydraulic smell. Has made my paranoid from time to time, but all seems well.