Kioti CK20 starting issue

/ Kioti CK20 starting issue #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
looking for ideas, needed to move my CK20 to get to my sled couple days ago, its sitting in a container outside, its been cold but at -10 today, no matter how much I crank, I get little smoke indicating fuel, its been plugged in so motor is touch warm, checked glow plugs and changed fuel, removed tube off pump and its got fuel there but will not start, lots of black crao in lift arm

machine is usually only used in summer, total time 160 hours, does not even seem to want to run, is there any manual bleed or primer on these

thanks

/ Kioti CK20 starting issue #2  
Is there a manual stop lever (or cable) that might still be in the stop position?
If you slightly open one of the nuts on top of an injector does fuel come out when you crank the engine?
Does the engine crank at a lively rate?
Can you check for voltage at the glow plugs? Might the fuel filter be plugged with ice or jelled fuel?
And yes, there is a fuel bleeder, normally on the fuel filter (there are several versions).
Which version (or build year) stop solenoid do you have (on front or on side)?

/ Kioti CK20 starting issue
in answer to your questions, the fuel was changed, drained the tank, filter and line to the pump, new fuel added and it pumps out the pmp, took the return lines off injectors and has a flow when cranking, fuel shut off solenoid is working as it should, glow plugs check out and draw amperage, manual shutoff is checked,

I believe if the fuel is getting to the return the shutoff is open, still have to crack the injector nut and see whats happening, myself I think a airlock in the injector pump but not much else can be the issue

year is somewhere in the 2009 vintage, had it from new, was going to be my go to on the acreage, used for tilling and grading

thanks

/ Kioti CK20 starting issue #4  
Take the fuel filter off and replace it you may find it all jelled up dump a little kerosene in the tank and you should be good to go.

/ Kioti CK20 starting issue
thanks, I will grab a filter tomorrow and try the kerosene in the tank.

still not sure the thick black crap from the exhaust on the loader arm