Kama KM554 rebuild and upgrades

/ Kama KM554 rebuild and upgrades
Progress
While it's still running take it outside and do another washdown - maybe some simple green spray first then wash / scrub the remaining dirt and oil residue off before you disconnect any hydraulic lines or wire terminations - you want it clean as possible then ziplock bag and tie the loose parts bolts/o-rings to the ends of the hyd lines to keep them sorted and clean.

Why do you need to remove the Hyd lines - do you intend on painting the frame/engine red? It might be easier painting the red parts black and touching up the rest of the frame.

If the hyd hoses on the loader are not cracked or aged leave them as is - but get some caps to thread on the connections before sanding and painting. Take lots of pics and mark or number the lines LH Lift, RH Lift etc.

On the wheel's and tires, are the rear's loaded with calcium? Are you changing the color of the wheels? Maybe leave the wheels last to be done so you can roll it around. I did the wheels last and had the new tires put on the newly painted rims and after painting the frame bits.

I like the suggestion for a sliding pre-screen filter for the radiator like this or make your own, but I would think the air filter location is not a huge deal where it is, especially if it runs cool now. Radiator Screen | All Equipment Accessories | Equipment Accessories | Genuine Parts | John Deere products | JohnDeereStore
I took more off and will roll it outside for another wash.
I think the red that is coming through is actually primer. So I think I will clean up as best I can and spray the frame black again. Think I will keep is blue and paint the FEL blue and paint wheels white.
No calcium in the wheels. I have two sets of wheel weights on it.

Try again

Every time I try to add picture it fails. Are there limitations for new users or ???
Says "Error during file upload"
Tried a bunch of times over two days.

/ Kama KM554 rebuild and upgrades #24  
I don't think there is any limitations other than the file size.

Racoon dog test.
64ddc218eccf120e49fbcf49e5b0a66f.jpg

/ Kama KM554 rebuild and upgrades #26  
That's a cute raccoon dog - it came thru fine. I have an iPhone, I take pics and send them to mail then save - and it prompts on the file size you can select to send - for example instead of 4MB each they are 2-300K each. I see pics on here all the time at 2-4MB so its not a limitation of TBN that I am aware.

It used to be that new posters needed 4-5 posts to add pics, think that changed though in the new site a few years ago. You weren't limited before, and able to post pics so seems more on your side?

I agree with your assessment - rattle can the frame and internals black, wheels white, and panels, body and loader blue - will look very good when you are done.

Neked
IMG_20211220_172612565.jpg

Working now.
Stripped all the way down and ready for bath.
I jacked the front up to swap tires around and found right front hub has about a 1/2 inch play. Can't be good.

/ Kama KM554 rebuild and upgrades #28  
You've been busy - right at it! Sorry about that, sounds like a R&R of the RF axle/pinion gear - was it leaking oil?

You've been busy - right at it! Sorry about that, sounds like a R&R of the RF axle/pinion gear - was it leaking oil?
Yes, it was leaking. I have the next couple days off so I will tear into it tomorrow.
Shawn

Stripped down
IMG_20211226_172919129.jpg

R&R front diff and hubs etc,
Front diff is good except a thrust washer that is worn and split.
Diff is super sloppy but I guess this is normal for tractors. Gear wear is minimal except the pinion has some wear. I had worked on a couple truck and car diffs but never a tractor, so maybe the backlash is normal for a chinese tractor?
IMG_20211226_172837395.jpg

IMG_20211226_172842062.jpg

IMG_20211226_172824691.jpg

And carnage. Upper bevel gears in both hubs are trashed. Probably my fault for not keeping the oil level high enough to lube. The lowers look fine.
IMG_20211226_172857381.jpg

IMG_20211226_173400800.jpg